By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN PS1 classic issues?

with my new PSP purchase, i was holding out for a new GoW red one, got it, thanks.  anyways, I picked up a 8gig memory stick as well hoping to load up on PS1 classics to play at work.  Grandia and Suidoken gameplay seem fine! Both also seem to just be fantastic games! Where my trouble seem to start are with FFVII & FFVIII, constant "Do you want to quite the game" grey screen.

I have the newest firmware and updates via of couse the update option on the psp.  Anyone find a solution for this promblem? 

Around the Network

hmmm sounds weird.

Weird, i played and finished FFVII after the day they released it on PSN on my PSP and it was fine. maybe try changing disks?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

not much to go on does it ask straight away or after a few minutes ,does the screen give you an option. have you tried playing round with the game settings via the psp button,or redownloading the games from the ps3 or the store as the downloads might have been corrupted on the ps3

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

You mean the gray screen just pops up randomly while you're playing a PS1 game [FF]?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
You mean the gray screen just pops up randomly while you're playing a PS1 game [FF]?

Hi Sunny, yes, exactly as you say, just randomly the grey screen pops up with the options " yes" and "no"

Severance said:
Weird, i played and finished FFVII after the day they released it on PSN on my PSP and it was fine. maybe try changing disks?

Did you say the day after it was released you finished FFVII?? wow, i thought i was rpg king, guees im not worhty..bowing...bowing...bowing

rpg70 said:
Dgc1808 said:

Hi Sunny, yes, exactly as you say, just randomly the grey screen pops up with the options " yes" and "no"

Hi ^_^

That's messed up. As far as I know, you only see that screen when trying to quit a PSP game. For PS1 games, there's a transparent like screen. Have you tried redownloading the game?

4 ≈ One

no, i will try reloading tonite.

rpg70 said:
Severance said:

Did you say the day after it was released you finished FFVII?? wow, i thought i was rpg king, guees im not worhty..bowing...bowing...bowing

lol no , i meant that i finished it on the PSP.

on PSP you get more time also to play it outside

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.