By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare: We don’t need to return to old franchises

Rare should just blow up the company and have everyone go their separate ways. They haven't produced anything worthwhile in 10 years!

The Stampers brothers left and they were the heart of the company.

The rest of the good people formed Free Radical Design put out two great games: Timesplitters 1/2
and they went lost their minds making a crappy game that bombed.

Rare as we knew them are DEAD!

Please be original

Around the Network

Announce a new conker, and I will buy a 360 immediately.

Cameed said:
Rare should just blow up the company and have everyone go their separate ways. They haven't produced anything worthwhile in 10 years!

The Stampers brothers left and they were the heart of the company.

The rest of the good people formed Free Radical Design put out two great games: Timesplitters 1/2
and they went lost their minds making a crappy game that bombed.

Rare as we knew them are DEAD!

You had better not have forgotten Timesplitters 3, the greatest videogame of all time (im not joking here)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Rare have fallen from grace, since most of their original employees are goners now. They have yet to produce something worthwhile.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Rare is dead.

Around the Network

Meh, I've enjoyed Rare's games this gen. Viva Pinata and Banjo are both pretty good imo, and that's all that really matters to me.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

it's what? 2 weeks since they rereleased perfect dark?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
it's what? 2 weeks since they rereleased perfect dark?

That's 4J Studios, not Rare.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

LOL! FUCKING RARE...lets see now. perfect dark, goldeneye, conker, banjo kazooie, and donkey kong are the good games they have made.

they cant make another goldeneye or donkey kong because they dont own the rights

banjo and conker went down the shitter since they jumped to team xbox

and perfect dark for 360 was only so-so

so that means their best game in the past 11 years was a remake of perfect dark!!!

you have to love the irony here that they don't need to go back to old games.

but they don't really make any new games either, at least nothing good.

so maybe they can do us all a favor and stop making games since the best possible game they could make (a perfect dark remake) has already been released.

I still love Rare games.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...