By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Goes Gold, Mark Rein Guesses Dec. 10th Ship Date

Sorrow880 said:
AWESOME news! So much for the "it won't be out until next year statements"...probably the real reason Haze might be delayed. With a great FPS already out (CoD4) I doubt Haze wanted to compete against all of the big daddy's at once. Although, I'm looking more forward to Haze than the other two.

Eitherway, a must buy for myself.

Unreal is the grandfather actually.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

No more PS3 FPSs in PAL territories until the end of the year. Orange Box, UT3 and Haze were all delayed.

Actually ,Orange Box was confirmed by EA to arrive in december in Europe .

ok I got UT3 lol, I

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

This game can very positively affect on PS3 sale. It needs an ad campaigne though. Americans love FPS and they love Gears. "The studio that brought GoW to you" sticker should be on each copy

but UTIII is not exclusive to PS3 since it was already released on PC and will be released on Xbox360 ...

And for Haze, I m not 100% sure it has really been delayed ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
but UTIII is not exclusive to PS3 since it was already released on PC and will be released on Xbox360 ...

And for Haze, I m not 100% sure it has really been delayed ...

True. I don't expect ultra hype we've witness during Gears days... but it's definitely a game for US. Fact it will arrive on X360 eventually won't hurt it IMO. People won't wait half a year for a port. For someone who is interested in FPS X360 is an obvious choice. This game and titles like Haze, Killzone 2 can offer some great FPS experience also on PS3. 

It won't sell very well on the ps3 in relation to other FPS games. They would be lucky to do half of what COD 4 did on ps3. It also won't sell very good on 360 next year with the delayed release just like virtua fighter 5. They blew their chance at launch hype by not even having the ps3 version out on the same day as the PC version.

PC version is the only one that will sell good, which is fine by me because of the mediocre way Epic has handled all 3 versions thus far. The mid 80s reviews aren't going to help it either with a vast array of higher ranked, higher hyped FPS games out too. "Americans" or not, this game will definitely bring up the rear of the high profile FPS game sales this holiday.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:

The mid 80s reviews aren't going to help it either with a vast array of higher ranked, higher hyped FPS games out too. "Americans" or not, this game will definitely bring up the rear of the high profile FPS game sales this holiday.

The bar is set higher for PC shooters. Take a look on CoD4 or Gears of War PC. I hope it will sell descently. 

My post was about the ps3 version, but ok we can get off topic and talk about the PC version if you desire.

It doesn't matter what bar is set for PC shooters, there are higher ranked more hyped shooters on it now. You think that is a good excuse for UT3 getting mid-eighties reviews, meanwhile Bioshock (95%), Orange Box (96%), COD 4 (93%), Crysis (92%) and even a year old port of Gears of war has been more well received thus far.

I think you were trying to say the same games on PC were ranked lower than console versions, meanwhile the Bioshock and Orange Box versions are identically ranked to the other version. Acting like Gears of war got lower because it's on PC, instead of because it's a one year old port is ridiculous. COD 4 just has a lot less reviews too, once it gets more it'll be around the same as past games this year have shown.

*Back On Topic*

But I don't think you got what I meant in that section you quoted. I didn't state it clearly but I meant the reviews the PC version is getting will translate to the PS3 version and THAT system has better, more hyped games out on it. The difference between equal quality PC/Console game reviews is 1-2% at most and Americans aren't going to help it sell better on PS3 when there's more accessible (read: popular) mainstream titles on that system. It doesn't even have a built in fan base like the PC version.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

@ erikers

Yes, I meant UT3 will get higher score on PS3. UT3 has everything to be a successful game. The sale level depends only of PS3 owners demography. CoD4 and AC has shown there is a strong hard core group. These two games outsold more casual friendly titles like R&C and Uncharted. I agree it would sell much successful on X360 but PS3 needs games like this. Sony knows about it and they paid for this game. It was a good decision.