By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 'pinched Prince Of Persia players'- Ubisoft

Ubisoft animation director Jan-Erik Sjovall has told CVG that the publisher has "lost so many Prince of Persia players to God of War" - but is hopeful it can get them back with new release The Forgotten Sands.

Speaking in an interview with CVG, the PoP man said that many players miss the challenge and brutal moves from the Sands of Time games - but Ubisoft's trying to tempt them back with its next instalment.

"When we make questionnaires and we ask, 'what did you play in the past?' The answer's 'Prince of Persia'. 'What do you play now?' 'God of War'. 'Would you play Prince of Persia again?' 'No, it's not hard enough'," Sjovall told CVG.

"So the idea [with Forgotten Sands] was clearly that we'd try to bring our old audience back, but also we're winning a new audience."

When asked why he thought Prince of Persia players switched over to Kratos' adventure, the animation director said: "Partially maybe the animations - the death animations.

"A lot of people ask, 'will you have gore in the game?' It'd fairly interesting. We want to have interesting fight sequences in there but not indulge in the violence like God of War does. We want to keep it interesting so the acrobatics, the story and the whole look are all supporting each other and people go, 'yeah, I want to play that game

'http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240129."

Forgotten Sands - which is due out in May - will "expand the Prince of Persia universe with a new storyline, the introduction of new characters, and new powers over nature and time," says Ubisoft.

God of war 3  Sonys Biggest Game 

There will only be Choas  March 16

Around the Network

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.
Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.
Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

^wat?

well if people like GOW might they not like POP and buy that too? Its not like people buy 1 game

heywoodjablome said:
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.
Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.
Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Wrong thread (LOL) or else i am missing something.

Around the Network

wth... was prince of persia ever really a true hack n' slash? sands of time wasn't, the latest one with the blue and red headbands does have some hack n' slash but really...

I remember my brother buying The Twin Thrones and God of War, he was all excited, but he beat God of War first and immediately disliked the gameplay in Prince of Persia...so I agree!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I've never seen an Ubisoft rep admit "Our game sold badly and it was our fault, we'll do better next time" Even EA has the balls required to say that, Why the fuck can't Ubisoft?

heywoodjablome said:

Go back to 4chan.

Ubisoft - "we blame everybody else for people not buying our crappy games."