By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will most games use PS3 as lead development console?

Garnett said:

The graphics are exactly the same, its in your head that PS3 has better graphics.

These arent the droides you are looking for

Around the Network

You 360 fangirls are hilarious. Uncharted 2 shits on any 360 game graphically.

I think Wii should be the lead development console.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

never

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I think as many developers have mentioned..... Starting on the Ps3 would be easier.

I still think each title will be identical in quality though.

And I think its stupid to debate over which console's exlusives look better... We should all know which one that is lol.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
Kennyheart said:
when it has a bigger install base than the 360 and is cheaper to make games for it.

It's not like the install base is that much bigger anymore though compared to the X360. And the PS3 is at 33 million unlike before, with 33 million owners you can get a lot of sales even if the games exclusive instead of multiplat. The userbase of the PS3 is at a pretty safe place right now for developers to trust it and put exclusives on it. And how is it cheaper to make a game on the X360 first then port to PS3? If anything it'd be more expensive because it's harder to port a X360 game to the PS3 then it is PS3 to X360. There would be lots of bugs and glitches on the PS3 version and would take a long time to fix it all which cost more money, or they can finish it fast and make a poor quality/buggy/glitched version on the PS3 and get less sales because of that.

So if they make it on the PS3 first (and no one give me that excuse that the PS3 is hard to develop for it's not 2007, sure the X360 might be easier but I highly doubt the PS3 is that complicated to make games on anymore) they can easily port it to the X360. Really this is for the best, instead of getting two decent looking games you can have one really good looking game and another decent one.

Lol nice......there are games out now using the ps3 as the lead platform and the ps3 version for the most part looks a LITTLE better......the difference is not between "really good" to "decent".

The ps3 isnt that much more powerful as the 360 as the op stated (using the ps2 and xbox as reference ,the gap between the ps3 and 360 is no where near that of the ps2 and xbox graphically) devs know this so which ever gets the lead platform the final product will look the same.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
Gilgamesh said:
Kennyheart said:
when it has a bigger install base than the 360 and is cheaper to make games for it.

It's not like the install base is that much bigger anymore though compared to the X360. And the PS3 is at 33 million unlike before, with 33 million owners you can get a lot of sales even if the games exclusive instead of multiplat. The userbase of the PS3 is at a pretty safe place right now for developers to trust it and put exclusives on it. And how is it cheaper to make a game on the X360 first then port to PS3? If anything it'd be more expensive because it's harder to port a X360 game to the PS3 then it is PS3 to X360. There would be lots of bugs and glitches on the PS3 version and would take a long time to fix it all which cost more money, or they can finish it fast and make a poor quality/buggy/glitched version on the PS3 and get less sales because of that.

So if they make it on the PS3 first (and no one give me that excuse that the PS3 is hard to develop for it's not 2007, sure the X360 might be easier but I highly doubt the PS3 is that complicated to make games on anymore) they can easily port it to the X360. Really this is for the best, instead of getting two decent looking games you can have one really good looking game and another decent one.

Lol nice......there are games out now using the ps3 as the lead platform and the ps3 version for the most part looks a LITTLE better......the difference is not between "really good" to "decent".

The ps3 isnt that much more powerful as the 360 as the op stated (using the ps2 and xbox as reference ,the gap between the ps3 and 360 is no where near that of the ps2 and xbox graphically) devs know this so which ever gets the lead platform the final product will look the same.

Actually you are wrong.. The Ps3 over 360 is a larger difference than the Xbox over the Ps2..

Remember... This generation has atleast 6 more years to go... Compare the ps3 games and the 360 games in 6 years and see the difference lol.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Gilgamesh said:
Kennyheart said:

Actually you are wrong.. The Ps3 over 360 is larger difference than the Xbox over the Ps2..

Remember... This generation has atleast 6 more years to go... Compare the ps3 games and the 360 games in 6 years and see the difference lol.

What a compelling argument sir........you win.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I think all games should lead on the PC, you know Crysis/Stalker etc.

Tease.

Most of major console game developers use PS3 as lead platform for developing HD games already. It just easier this way.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com