By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sales? A wakeup call?

With The release of the new mario, all the Nintedo guys are screaming. VICTORY. We have a game at the #1 spot!

First of all, I would like to say, that Nintendo has 73% the consoles as Microsoft does. Comparing the Wii to the 360. That truely isnt that big of a diffrence, considering the sheer number of 360 consoles that dont work, are 2 years old, and not in use, and people who now own more than one. I would say that there are more 'active' nintendo consoles in USA than there are Microsoft. Go nintendo! GO! Your winning! You have more people playing your games!

That's what it seems like, from console sales. In terms of game sales... OMFG WTF.

2,191,361 Weekly sales for nintendo for the games. That is including 384,843 games, for free, or 'budget' price.

2,358,209 Weekly sales for microsoft.

I would just like to point out. Nintendo appears to have a 'higher' attach ratio. But when you dont count The 'Wii' Titles, of Sports, and Play. The picture gets a little bit uglier. I would also like to point out, that nintendo just released the most anticipated game for the console, since release, AND planned for the next 2 years. What do I mean by that? This mario game was the game everyone was waiting for when they first got their Wii. This is the game that wont be beat for years. This is the most anticipated game for the console in the near future. Mario is to Nintendo as Halo is to Microsoft.

Halo3 Outsold Mario by over 3TIMES on the first week. Considering the number of consoles still in use, I have to give credit to nintendo. I am 100% positive, they have more consoles in use than Microsoft. Yet, somehow, Microsoft can still outsell Nintendo in games, every week. Even the week of the biggest release of the console, Nintendo cant pass microsoft. I hate to say this. I love my PS3, and I dont have a 360. I hate microsoft, probibally more than any of you. Sub 1million sales for Mario is not good. It's horrible. Why are people not buying games? After Week 1. Mario has an attach ratio of about 15%. (I didnt do the math, it's not exact) halo after week one had an attach ratio of 50%... to a console, DOUBLE the age. (that means it is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to get the high attach ratios)

I would also like to point out, that 1million sales for a AAAA (yes 4A) titles, at this time of year... is HORRIBLE. I understand it will sell more before the end of the year, but that is actually not that high considering the game, it's profile, the press, the consoles popularity.

I'm not doom saying the Wii, but As I see it now, Nintendo is getting their asses handed to them by microsoft.

Sony is sitting back, and doing everything they can do to get market share back. They suck at the moment. Leave them out of it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Hurray kwaad is back!!!

Even with a post like this, people will still love him.

That being said, I find it odd that people STILL think that Mario Galaxy will outsell Halo.

Next time someone uses AAAA, AAAAA, or AAAAAAAAAAAAA, I'm going to kick my dog. Hard.

Consider this a warning. Show some empathy for my stupid mutt and stop it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

wow, things don't change much. Another Kwaad post that's not worth my time.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Even with a post like this, people will still love him.

That being said, I find it odd that people STILL think that Mario Galaxy will outsell Halo.
Who said Galaxy will outsell Halo 3?

Congratulations, you managed to bash both the 360 and the Wii while appearing to compliment both. A fine troll by any measure.

Not that I read all you wrote there...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kwaad the 360 sales also include 2x bundles...>.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

rocketpig said:
Next time someone uses AAAA, AAAAA, or AAAAAAAAAAAAA, I'm going to kick my dog. Hard.

Consider this a warning. Show some empathy for my stupid mutt and stop it.

Halo3 is a B game at best. But Killzone2 will be an AAAAAAAAAAAAA game!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:

I would just like to point out. Nintendo appears to have a 'higher' attach ratio. But when you dont count The 'Wii' Titles, of Sports, and Play. The picture gets a little bit uglier. I would also like to point out, that nintendo just released the most anticipated game for the console, since release, AND planned for the next 2 years. What do I mean by that? This mario game was the game everyone was waiting for when they first got their Wii. This is the game that wont be beat for years. This is the most anticipated game for the console in the near future. Mario is to Nintendo as Halo is to Microsoft.

SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, etc..??? You seem to have forgotten some of the other extremely highly anticipated titles.  

More than that you spend a large amount of time focusing on first year software sales of the Wii in comparison to second year software sales of the 360.  People love to make this comparison because it is about the only way to put the Wii in a bad light right now.  If this comparison holds up as the Wii moves into the middle of its second year then you have a valid comparison, but right now it is just stretching for it.

To Each Man, Responsibility