By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MArio Galaxy no longer Best game ever!

Ah, whatever. I know I love it.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

IMO, if Super Mario Galaxy can't take the number one spot, no other game can. Besides, Ocarina of Time deserves the number one spot.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Who cares :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'm sure Miyamoto does.

mario g is overrated, i got 120 stars and luigi.. and the only fantastic thing in the game is the music... after that all is ok... not perfect.. i think nintendo first party games are overrated..

Around the Network

sorry but OoT still deserves that spot
unless galaxy makes me drop to the floor crying cause i love the game so much (did so with OoT) then OoT deserves its place

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
carlosjrix said:
mario g is overrated, i got 120 stars and luigi.. and the only fantastic thing in the game is the music... after that all is ok... not perfect.. i think nintendo first party games are overrated..

See, that is what we like to call an opinion =)  

@topic, 

it is pretty sad that they felt the need to do this, but it was to be expected.  The funny thing is I think both 90s are still statistical outliers =P Oh well, life goes on, and as far as I know it is the only game to ever claim the spot from OoT for any period of time. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

I played it, and while I will say it's not the best game of all time..........Double Dragon Arcade is.......:), I will say that I am impressed so far.

It's a shame but Zelda deserves #1 as it is the more complete game, and at only 28mb in size puts most games that are several Gigabytes in size these days to shame!

It will be interesting to see if Mario can retake the number one spot

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)