By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one totally bored by Halo: Reach already?

I am a big 360 fan, best library in my opinion...but Halo: Reach...it looks like the same old story...first peron run around shooting badies....it's becoming like Tomb Raider. When will they take the series in a totally new direction? Nintendo get away with it because somehow their Mario games remain great fun, even rehashed ones...but another Halo with bad acting/story and general runnning about shooting Aliens??? C'mon guys...give us something at least slightly new! Halo was great, Halo 2 was good but pretty mcuh the same, Halo 3? Yawn, same game better graphics...Halo:Reach? Looks just like the same game as Halo 3...first person shoot em up bore fest. It really is following the exact same history as Tomb Raider. 

Around the Network

Maybe shooters is not really for u?

no, Half Life 2 was and still is superb as was Halo at the time of release. The story/acting in Halo games is pathetic, they could get away with it in the first 2 but now it's just a boring good guy shoots nasty aliens with hilariously bad 'badass' acting/story in high res graphics.

Don't hate me for this, but do some of you guys enjoy gaming, in general?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

no doubt.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

Well personally i have really enjoyed halo 1 and halo 3, never played odst, and 2 kind of lost me. Reach looks interesting though, with a big emphasis on elites v spartans and 6 player co-op or something. To me that sounds interesting.

Oh and btw, of course they are going to keep milking halo, have you seen the sales charts? It's also one of the most popular online games, its not all about the story.

But... you haven't even touched it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

SHMUPGurus said:

I must admit I don't really play online gaming simply because xbox live is full of teenage twats. Multiplayer for me is having your friends round to your house with a few beers, not playing some guy in South Korea who you have never met and never will.

Yeah, I've played it so much I can't stand to look at it anymore.

No, wait, it's not out yet, I must be mistaken.