By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long did it take you to beat GoW3? (No Spoilers)

15 hrs - normal mode, which is by far the worst posted here. Then again, I rarely rush through single player games the first time around - yeah, and I am crap too.

This game has now equalled U2 as my games of the gen (ps3).

Around the Network

8 and a half hours about for me. Best 8 and a half hours of gaming this gen. Perhaps ever.

libellule said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
libellule said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
It took me about 13 hours. I took several minutes killing *spolier* scorpions in the scorpion boss fight until I got about 13,000 souls enough to almost fully upgrade all my stuff. I played it in normal.

13k is enought ? ... in hard I needed ... about .... 80k to upgrade everything I think ...

Not really! I meant, 13,000 souls plus all I got to accumulate in souls throughout the whole game which was around 45,000 souls. I still needed around 15,000 souls to fully upgrade all. I didn't quite upgrade any weapon up to the Scorpion fight, just the Bow in order to get the trophy, however, I upgraded every weapon in the Scorpion fight so that I could kill the little ones faster and "level" up faster.

why did you not upgrade anything before SPOILERs the scorpion ??

it makes no sense ?

I guess so. I just didn't feel the need to upgrade until that part of the game because it was too easy and somehow I wanted to leave the whole experience of the game for my second play in Titan mode.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Xero said:
Normal 8, Hard should clock in at 8 too. I'm on 7 and heading to fight the last boss now, couple more chests I gotta get on the way. Gotta say I dunno how you guys spent 14...

Either way it's a lot longer than GoW 1 and 2, which is nice. Those were only like 4-6hours each. :s

well, you are better than us.

or the fact you played on normal first helped you to lose less time on hard

Time to Work !

Well I got the Platinum in 9 hours. and I played on Titan mode. Game was pretty easy other than the final 2 fights.

Around the Network

Oh, and I got all the trophies for blinding, burning, kicking dogs, upgrading to the max, finding the Godly possessions, all the eyes, wings and horns, bloodbath, etc. in those 13 hours. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

libellule said:
Xero said:
Normal 8, Hard should clock in at 8 too. I'm on 7 and heading to fight the last boss now, couple more chests I gotta get on the way. Gotta say I dunno how you guys spent 14...

Either way it's a lot longer than GoW 1 and 2, which is nice. Those were only like 4-6hours each. :s

well, you are better than us.

or the fact you played on normal first helped you to lose less time on hard

Yeah, playing on normal first playthrough is not a big feat for someone who claims he beats GoW1 and 2 in 4-6 hours first time? (was that on easy mode, guide?)

I suggest you should play Chaos Mode and post a video of your "speed run" in under 10 hours, PLEASE! no, really, I need it.

11 hours on normal, 12.5 hours on Titan.

I dont think I will try Chaos, I like the game to much and I think it will make me hate the game since I struggled a little on Titan.

9.5 Hours, Normal Mode

11.07 hours on normal mode. Best game EVER. One complaint though, i wanted more Titan fights :(