By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft should have a playstation home equivalent

no

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

Home is a very neat concept, but still years away from anything usable. I don't miss it on my 360, nor would I consider it even a factor when making a decision on which console to buy....... BUT, the concept is awesome. it's like a virtual vacation or a huge gaming lobby. Give it 5 years and you will see what they are going for.

No they shouldn't. Game Room suffices.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

here is really the only interactive environment i would want.

a place where i can get some interesting awards that i can stick on the walls and then marvel at my accomplishments.  no microtransactions.  anything in the room is something i have won.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

twesterm said:
Why? Home is pretty much a waste and the only good part they're already planning to do-- the Arcade (and as an added bonus, you don't have to wait in line!).

I hope Game Room services as a place where people get to meet other gamers (the way Home works).  The meeting new people online feature of Home is missing from Live, and would be of benefit.

I would say, what would be great was that if Microsoft allow people to earn points for having people visit that player's arcade, so that it would encourage people to end up working on their own arcade, and getting people to show up.  People could then acquire more arcade games for their personal arcade, get "celebs" to show up at them and play, and so on.

Around the Network

Hold out your hand.

*slaps back of hand*

That was for your own good. Don't suggest something like that, ever again. Promise me. I SAID PROMISE ME!

If you need to go into an MMO to meet people you really need to take a good look at the question 'Why?'. Home is a flawed concept, why would people want to replicate the problems of real life in a video game when they are trying to get away from them!?

Tease.

dsister44 said:

My dsister account only has 800 points =/

Not cool :p

Looks like I'm moving into the ghetto 

Lol, better get crackin on gettin them gamerscore for your dsister account then!

Why? Home is a complete waste of time...

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Home is a waste of time and money. Sony should shut it down. The only thing I ever did in it was make an avatar that looked just like Nathan Drake.