By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest Nintendo Fan: Finals: RolStoppable vs. Ghost of RubangB!!

Finalists

RolStoppable

"I was eight years old when I played a Nintendo game for the first time in my life. Being a kid, I tended to like all sorts of things without realizing how bad they actually are. There are barely any things from my childhood that I still enjoy, but Nintendo is a constant in my life ever since that day I played Super Mario Bros. on the NES."

"Trust your instincts"

His Collection: http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=1917&type=Own

Ghost of RubangB

Basically... I've met Pikachu and Mario, I've dressed as a Goomba, I can beat the first level of Super Mario Bros. with my eyes closed, I can beat Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3, and World, without dying in any of them, in under an hour. I have a Game Boy Light, and most people don't even know what that is. I was a store champion for my store in Pasadena, California, for the 1994 Blockbuster World Video Game Championships (I got the most bananas in 5 minutes in the tournament edition of Donkey Kong Country). I won a glow-in-the-dark plaque that I still have somewhere around here. I've even been interviewed ON BEHALF of the Nintendo Defense Force. (link to interview at Gamedaily is right here: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/console-defense-forces/71176/?ncid=AOLGAM000500000000021&page=2)

His collection: http://vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=19327&type=Own

My comment

So this is it?

Due to the finals I kinda put more effor in the thread, hope you like it, anyway the 5 themes of the round:

Rules

- The round will last as long as the thread is alive, there will be bumping and all, this is just to let you know.

- This is a small bonus, there will be 5 Nintendo realted songs, the first one to put the names and games will have an extra point. feature closed

- I implemented a "secret votes" mechanic, the users who wish to post in the thread are free to do it, but if some user wants they can send me their votes and they will be kept in secret until the awards, this is to keep the tension. This feature has been closed

The rules are set, get ready and good luck

Around the Network

my vote is secret, if you have doubts what the secret vote is check the yellow section in the rules

I would like to keep my vote a secret as well 

Rolstoppable

No one but morenoingrato read that >.> 

dsister44 said:

Rolstoppable

the point was to send it to my mailbox

Rolstoppable

Well, what can I say... he's good and funny defending Nintendo. His threads sometimes are more ridiculous than a goomba dress - which is somewhat impossible!!!

Around the Network

I dont think I can choose. One runs around naked with a Nintendo fanny pack, the other is Australian.

So both must be bat shit crazy.

How about make a competition? Like a sped run in Links Awakening (my bet: Rubang) or a round of Mario Kart Wii (my bet: Rol) or somesuch to establish who is more worthy of the title?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

What's with the secret voting? Fishy...

morenoingrato said:
dsister44 said:

Rolstoppable

the point was to send it to my mailbox

I'm too lazy

Rubang because of his very impressive credentials.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Well I have voted. I shall inform you of my vote after the winner is announced.