By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else still want to see a chrono trigger/cross sequel?

i never beat either of the chrono games but i want more of them lol.

Around the Network

@hatmoza

yea i would have defended it too its my favorite all time

I would love to see a sequel to Chrono Cross as it's one of the best JRPG's I have ever played.

Anyone who hated this game either expected a direct sequel to Trigger in terms of battle system and storyline or didnt actually play it.

The reality is the battle system in Trigger was great for the time but Cross's system is a better one overall. It allows for more strategy and more skill to shine through.

The stories in both games are also phenomenal. The series contains two of the greatest RPGs ever, and I'm in the camp that thinks Cross is slightly better.

Give me a sequel, prequel, alternate universe, anything doing with chrono trigger/cross!

Welllll, maybe not "anything." I certainly wouldn't want its good name tainted with something like a Fighter, Kart-Racer, or Dating Sim. Other than that, SE can have free reign.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Around the Network

I'd like a Chrono Trigger ReMake. Give it some cell shaded graphics, sit back and watch it go. But the DS re-release didn't do very well. The game was already over a decade old and offered nothing new to people who played it on the PS1 or Snes so I don't know what Square was expecting. Still, I hate to say this aloud but.....I think the franchise is dead. Pity. CT was the greatest game of "all time". CC was okay too. Just too confusing.

The DS release of Trigger was terrific. I know it was just a repackage of the PS1 cut but to have it handheld worked well and having two screens added an element to the classic. It's the best release of the game since the original.

btw chrono cross wasn't technically a sequel to chrono trigger. it was a sequel to radical dreamers for the snes which you can play on emulator

makes me wanna play chrono cross again.....

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Let's talk again when Chrono Cross gets released in Europe. Chrono Trigger was only very recently released here for the first time, on the Nintendo DS. It's still on my wish list.