By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could someone help me choose a console?

buy 360 and halo 3, and play on live with me :)

Around the Network

OMG why did you post this? It's only going to start a fanboy flamewar with everybody saying that-

Huh, oh.

Looks like everybody here thinks that you should get a 360. Stand down the fanboy alert. Nothing to see here.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I say this thread was made up by someone who already had a 360 in mind. You say you like RPG's but not FF would suggest you already know a lot about video games. And if you know a lot about video games then, you would already know that the 360 has lots of FPS. How about listing some of the games you play on your PC or replying to some of the posts. I would be equally skeptical to anyone that created a thread saying they really liked motion controlled games but couldn't decide what system to buy.

Anyways if this isn't a bogus post, I have 3 FPS for my 360. Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Halo 3. Gears of War was the only one I really enjoyed, and the online for it was really fun. The other two I'm selling. Rainbow six (played about 3 hours). Halo 3 (played about 1 hour). I'm not joking. I'm also selling my Metroid Corruption for my Wii which I also did not complete. I guess I am tired of FPS. I am keeping Gears because I use to have a lot of fun on it and hope those days might come back.

Ya get a 360. I'm sure you will love it.

superchunk said:

I'm a Wii person and I say you should probably get a 360. RIGHT NOW the 360 has 10x the FPS, racing, rpg type games Wii does and a better online offering.

Now, I think that by the end of 2008 that will not be the case, but you could always buy a Wii then. So for games you would probably like to play right now, get a 360.

EDIT: I just read Avinash's post. He's right. All of the good 360 games that come out, eventually come out on the PC if not at the same time. Plus, it does now and will always have a better online play. So with that in mind. Go Wii!!!

Every single game on the 360 gets ported over to the pc. There is not point in buying a 360..

I say ps3.

mM
Around the Network

360-anyone who says on the contrary really isnt reading your post (cept the pc people)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
360-anyone who says on the contrary really isnt reading your post (cept the pc people)

The problem is I dont think there is XBOX LIVE in Australia..

mM

I'm with cAPSLOCK on this one. If you've played a lot of fps' on the pc and then try to use a controller to play, you're going to feel like a gimp.

i think ps3 or wii

if you have a hdtv and love platformers racers rpgs(and some shooters) ps3
if you dont have a hdtv and love all those old classics wii

reson why i didnt say 360 is because most of its exclusives are on pc and since you said you have a good pc so no point on 360 unless your destpertly into halo 3 and mass effect then yea go for it

sony and nintendo supporter

i  do not trust microsoft they screwed me over the last time with vista

You cant play online on the 360.

PS3 defnatnly Online gaming, shooters of your choice that are not available on the pc or X360. Haze, Resistance, and more coming soon.

Assasins creed is amazing definatly recommend it for ps3.

Get the PS3 dude/

mM