By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter tri bet

I hope you win, but 400k is the absolute most I'd think it would do. Maybe if they do a good job in terms of frequency of their excellent advertisement campaign, and they might as well focus on the online aspects as well.

Around the Network

I'm expecting 600k-700k life-time for America and Europe.

LOL having a Wii game not made by Nintendo hit anywhere near 100k in Others is an astonishing feat. I would expect like 60k max from that region, and Americas would have to pull in a 500k+ debut!

I'd take this bet anyday. Commercials may somehow net the game a 200k+ debut in Americas but you are asking for too much.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

would be nice but doubt it, also i dont think we should be using preorders as a basis for sells, considering how they aren't in line with actual sales and the wii audience doesn't always preorder their games

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

I do not see it doing so well in US at least. Not because it is a bad game, but because of the game it is. I played the demo a bit. It looks nice and it could be fun, but it is not the type of game I plan on buying myself. Of course this gen has surpised me already so who knows.

Around the Network

Hah! It'll be lucky to break 200k America + Others week 1. Which are still fantastic sales, ofcourse. But 600k? No way.

koopatrooper said:

the last bet i made here was EPIC FAIL to say the least so i stopped betting for a while but this is gonna change now!!!

but this time I am gonna raise the bet for two months change of Avatar and signature! (the winner decides)

My bet is that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more!

so who here is up for my new reasenable bet?

Just curious? What was your last bet?

ok i am cancelling my bet with gustave since he doesent seem to care to put it in his sig or confirm the bet!
so the bet is open to who wants it next

p.s. ignore the sig i will change it now

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Saruk said:
koopatrooper said:

the last bet i made here was EPIC FAIL to say the least so i stopped betting for a while but this is gonna change now!!!

but this time I am gonna raise the bet for two months change of Avatar and signature! (the winner decides)

My bet is that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more!

so who here is up for my new reasenable bet?

Just curious? What was your last bet?

this was my last bet: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64282

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

I have high hopes for Monster Hunter Tri but 600k for just one week in the West is a lot for this type of game, particularly on the Wii. I am thinking more like 300k, with most of its sales coming from the US.

However, I will say that the game will do better than a lot of people think. I think MH is a franchise that is ripe for taking off somewhat in the West, though it'll be more of a prolonged take off as word of mouth spreads. It is receiving a heavy advertising push as well. I do stand by my prediction of 1 million in the West (US+Europe+Australia) when it's all said and done, giving the game a grand total of a respectable 2+ million sales worldwide. Not quite confident enough to take on your bet though, because with the Wii you never know :P