By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most pathetic Game ever!

My roommate just got Rock Band for the 360. The gameplay is pretty decent since its a clone of guitar hero, but the concept of the game is just plain embarassing. While me and my three roommates were playing it this afternoon our landlord who is like 50 years old came over to check on something. He sees the four of us sitting on the couch with plastic instraments in front of us and asks us what the hell we are doing. This is when I realize that we are PRETENDING to be a rock group on tour with plastic toys. He just looked at us like we were the most retarded people on earth. Why would anyone waste their time becoming good at pretending to be in a rock band? Why not just learn a real instrament? I had no good answer for these questions.

Around the Network

this put a smile on my face.

Interesting...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i know, that's what i thought.

but then you know, it's what games are supposed to do--let you live in a fantasy world if only to forget about reality just a little bit.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Did you ask him if all his time spent watching Friends reruns has made him better at being a thirty-something New York yuppie?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Judging from your story, it seems the landlord thought YOU guys were the pathetic ones, not the game. Do you really think he had it in his head that the game was pathetic, or you guys were pathetic for playing it?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

This thread fails so hard...............

You know how many hours of time and practice is necessary to learn a realy intrument? The expensive equipment? It would take years to learn the easiest song on Rock Band with no prior music knowledge, to just pick up the video game and start rockin out is a pretty cool experience. It isn't a guitar hero clone (plus the guys who made this game made guitar hero). If this game is pathetic, by your logic everyone who plays an Army game should go enlist and kick some real haji ass in the real world. Or everyone who plays Madden should really try and go join the NFL.

As I said you fail, and this thread fails..........

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

If you wanna be a real rockstar, play a real instrument. Shocking.

If you wanna play a game with friends with minimal talent required, but can be quite enjoyable, play Rockstar. Shocking.

I am confused that you cannot seperate these things. Like water and oil, they only mix if you try really really really hard.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Well I look at anyone playing Guitar Hero the same way, but that's just me and clearly millions of gamers could care less :P.

Alexie Di Onie said:
This thread fails so hard...............

You know how many hours of time and practice is necessary to learn a realy intrument? The expensive equipment? It would take years to learn the easiest song on Rock Band with no prior music knowledge, to just pick up the video game and start rockin out is a pretty cool experience. It isn't a guitar hero clone (plus the guys who made this game made guitar hero). If this game is pathetic, by your logic everyone who plays an Army game should go enlist and kick some real haji ass in the real world. Or everyone who plays Madden should really try and go join the NFL.

As I said you fail, and this thread fails..........

Wow there is so much wrong with this post.

- Playing in a rock band is not life threatening like being a soldier. - FAIL

- Playing football takes athletic talent, years and years of conditioning and learning formations/plays, and on top of that you have to either be in the top 0.001% of players or extremely lucky to play pro. There are currently only 1696 roster spots for the entire NFL. Realizing that you have to compete for a specific position on a team you are basically in a position where you have to be in the top 100 to 150 people in the world at that position to get a job....that is an extremely exclusive club. - FAIL

There are good reasons why there is a difference between becoming a Rock Band and being a Soldier or NFL player. I won't say there isn't a lot of effort in learning instruments but at least that is something that anyone can learn...and for the record you can get a good amp/guitar for the price of Rock Band, you don't need a microphone to sing, and the drum set would definitely set you back a fair bit of cash..but buying a drum set is a hell of a lot easier than completing basic training and getting shot at...or joining the NFL off the street.

Both of your examples are things a person cannot just decide to do...starting a rock band is something anyone can try to do. And provided they are willing to put in the effort they will have a legitimate shot...not a gaurantee but shot.

PS - I agree with your conclusion though, I just think the real answer is that Rock Band is for people who don't want to form a band...they just want to feel like they are in a band when they have free time and go about their lives during the day without having to worry about "the band".

To Each Man, Responsibility