By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 4 - First Day Sales?

sbvgc2012 said:

Yakuza is a "narrow" name,and you expect it to be a big name,then you're wrong,at least far from right.And How sure you are that the name Yakuza is OK for it's FW sales(outside of Japan)???

Gangs of Tokyo or Japanese Gangs will make sure every English speaker understand what this game is about.

Again stupid SEGA.

Why is it stupid? Most people who have an inkling about this kind of game, know Yakuza, Mafia, Triads as typical terms.  There's no need to go lame with "Japanese gangs" ...

Around the Network

LOL "japanese gangs"
yea waaaaaaay better than yakuza haha

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

V-r0cK said:
Yakuza sounds awesome and if its too hard for people to take a liking to the game due to the name then too bad cause that's what the game is and its their loss. Or would you prefer they keep it as "Ryu Ga Gotoku"?

Weird enough when America describes Yakuza as the "Japanese Mafia", I wonder what Japan calls the Mafia? "Italian Yakuza"?

The Japanese use the word "Gokudou" more than "Yakuza".

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Onibaka said:
sbvgc2012 said:

What about Japanese Gangs or Gangs of Tokyo or something like that!!!

The game itself deserves at least 2 million sales WW,but the name Yakuza facked the sales of this series,again stupid SEGA,I mean no proper western name means no proper western sales.No one knows what the fack Yakuza means(include Japanese),so why the fack you just won't translate the facking name,you want sell it in western market??right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Are you serious??

Here in Brazil everyones knows what Yakuza means. It`s a surprise that in USA, people don`t know what this means.

Is it really? The last time i checked, an average American didn't know much about what's happening outside of the USA. Maybe i'm mistaken...

Lol imagine "The Sopranos" being called something like That Gang of Italians Running a Dump" or "The Godfather" called, "The Old Italian Gang Boss".

Around the Network

Ryu ga gotoku means Like a Dragon so if Sega translated the Japanese name it would have been way better than Yakuza ==;.