By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

dsister44 said:

Ok. I'm going to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going off of game A. Which had 2 mafia. 

• SAK: has a 65% chance of disappearing tonight. But doesn't have to use his power.
  • Final-Fan: May randomly die tonight?
  • Trucks: Confirmed zombie. Can't be night killed if he puts the hammer down on someone.

Is that right?

We have six people left

• Nordlead
  • SAK
  • dsis
  • Therepublic
  • Final-Fan
  • Trucks

if we mislynch today. 

That knocks us down to five. And if Final-fan randomly dies, and SAK disappears.

That knocks us down to three. And then the human kill... game over.

So my plan is SAK doesn't use his power tonight, and we make sure that Trucks gets the hammer for the lynch today 

Everyone agree? Final-Fan, did I get your power right?

I agree.  With one human left, as long as SuperAdrianK does not use his ability, there will be another Day.

With two humans left, the game is essentially over with a mis-lynch Today, so SuperAdrianK's action in the night would not matter anyway.

So, SuperAdrianK should not use his ability.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

The drawback of using my powers is that zombie monkeys will probably come after me. I believe this to be a reference to humans (and the monkeys are just my royal paranoia), but anything's possible.

But I absolutely agree that SUPERADRIANK SHOULD NOT USE HIS POWER TONIGHT. The humans probably won't target him anyway now that his ability to be nightkill immune is known.

As for TOS's immunity, although it could be likewise avoided, well ... it really can't hurt. Like, at all. So we might as well do it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
theRepublic said:
Final-Fan said:
As for dsister, it's true that we didn't test his lack of a vote ala trangentspree, but it seems like an awfully big risk for him to take that we would all fail to think of that. And his role is a bit similar to trangentspree (only he can become one with the town if he desires, which he did), so I guess I'd ask someone more industrious than I am who roleclaimed first?

That does seem like a big risk.  Hmm.

I quickly scanned a couple of pages and it looked like the role claim order is:
1. j0
2. Trangentspree
3. Dsister

Well, that makes dsister a bit more suspicious IMO due to the similarity of his role to trangent's; he might have just mashed up something that was kind of similar but sounded different. 

The idea to vote theRepublic as a way of pressuring him to roleclaim is also making me leery.  I'd like him to spill, too, but he said he wouldn't until some L number that I forget but which seemed way too risky:  it puts us in danger of a human ninja-vote attack.  If two humans remain, and they get a mislynch on theRepublic and kill someone at night, we lose. 

In fact, yeah.  If there are two humans left, we can't afford a mislynch.  Hopefully there's only one, but...

Anyway, I'm open to suggestion on why YOU were finding dsister most suspicious, theRepublic. 

It seemed to me like his role was a convenient way to avoid voting for his human buddy SuperMario.  That coupled with his attitude regarding SuperMario's slip-up on Day One lead me to think he was also human.  However, I wasn't really thinking about it the way you put it above.  It was a big risk for him to take if he really could vote.  It would have been easy to prove if he was telling the truth or lying.  So if he really was a human, I don't think he would have taken that risk.

In my mind, that brings me to either Nordlead or SuperAdrianK.

Nordlead was the first to vote for SuperMario.  It could be he saw it as a way to get on the town's good side.  It could be that he never thought the town was actually going to lynch him.  It could also be Nordlead trying to keep up appearances.  Look what he said here:

...For example, if I ever no-lynched off the bat on day 1 people would probably be suspicious of me, as I almost always try for a day 1 lynch...
His lie detector role claim could have come from Trangentspree's actions on Day One.  It was already implanted in everyone's heads so there is a chance he used that hoping it would seem plausible.

SuperAdrianK was the hammer on both lynches.  It could be he saw hammering his human buddy SuperMario might be a way to get on the towns good side.  He also seemed sorry to do it.  Hammering Trangentspree could have been him taking out what he knew to be a zombie or at least not a human.

They both have unverifiable role claims.  Your thought that Nordlead's role claim isn't strange enough is very interesting to me.  Both dead zombies had crazy roles.  You have a crazy role.  Dsister and SuperAdrianK claim to have crazy roles.  And I know my role is crazy.  Lie detector does seem a bit too normal by comparison.

The other thing that stands out to me is how consistent SuperAdrianK's play has been.  Almost from the start he kept saying how awesome he was, and talked about his awesome item.  That leads me to want to believe his role claim.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The way I see things nordlead's role is way too convenient:

- First, trangentspree fishes out for a lie detector and he ends up being one.
- Second, he mentions he's got only one investigation which if he's human will serve him as a good excuse tomorrow to explain why he's still alive.
- Third, his roleclaim would be a great move if he's the last human left (like I explained in my previous post)

All this to say that I will vote for nordlead when I'll be in a position to be the hammer vote.

Signature goes here!

Some other points:

- I'm willing to let theRepublic off for today but first thing tomorrow I want him to prove his zombieness or I want him lynched no questions asked!
- I believe I should be allowed to put in the hammer vote because the plan is to have the most confirmed zombies alive tomorrow.

With theRepublic supposedly proving things tomorrow or putting himself in an instant lynch position, me being immune, Final-Fan maybe dying during the night (trying to kill him would be a gamble for the humans since thye might waste their kill on somebody who will die anyway). It will narrow the humans' possible targets and leave him (or them) more exposed tomorrow since we'll have two (or three if lucky) confirmed zombies to hunt him (them) down.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I have 45% chance of disappeaing tonight... not 65.

also vote: nordlead

If he really was a zombie, then we either have dsister or therepublic to vote on next day. Also, being a human is the same thing as a zombie detector, since you know who is a zombie and whatnot.

@SuperAdrianK: Are you agreeing with everyone on the fact that you should NOT use your power tonight?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
@SuperAdrianK: Are you agreeing with everyone on the fact that you should NOT use your power tonight?

yes, I will not use it.

Vote Count

nordlead - Final-Fan, SuperAdrianK (L-2)

theRepublic - dsister44 (L-3)

Not voting - nordlead,  theRepublic, TruckOSaurus

With 6 alive, 4 votes are required to lynch.

(Final-Fan may neither be voted nor lynched this day)

therepublic, truck, and nord, why don't you vote for someone? Or are you still choosing (I guess I understand about truck but Im still waiting on nord or therepublic to vote.)