By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Out of all the people that are left. The most suspicious to me is therepublic. He just seems to put out a certain vibe. And like I've said already. Nordlead's posts just seem like he is telling the truth 

I say we vote, and make him roleclaim.

vote: therepublic

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

As for dsister, it's true that we didn't test his lack of a vote ala trangentspree, but it seems like an awfully big risk for him to take that we would all fail to think of that. And his role is a bit similar to trangentspree (only he can become one with the town if he desires, which he did), so I guess I'd ask someone more industrious than I am who roleclaimed first?

That does seem like a big risk.  Hmm.

I quickly scanned a couple of pages and it looked like the role claim order is:

1. j0
2. Trangentspree
3. Dsister

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I this thread hadn't moved since my quote of SuperAdrianK I was prepared to vote for Dsister to get it moving. But now Final-Fan has me leaning toward Nordlead. I'll have to give this more thought.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
Final-Fan said:
As for dsister, it's true that we didn't test his lack of a vote ala trangentspree, but it seems like an awfully big risk for him to take that we would all fail to think of that. And his role is a bit similar to trangentspree (only he can become one with the town if he desires, which he did), so I guess I'd ask someone more industrious than I am who roleclaimed first?

That does seem like a big risk.  Hmm.

I quickly scanned a couple of pages and it looked like the role claim order is:
1. j0
2. Trangentspree
3. Dsister

Well, that makes dsister a bit more suspicious IMO due to the similarity of his role to trangent's; he might have just mashed up something that was kind of similar but sounded different. 

The idea to vote theRepublic as a way of pressuring him to roleclaim is also making me leery.  I'd like him to spill, too, but he said he wouldn't until some L number that I forget but which seemed way too risky:  it puts us in danger of a human ninja-vote attack.  If two humans remain, and they get a mislynch on theRepublic and kill someone at night, we lose. 

In fact, yeah.  If there are two humans left, we can't afford a mislynch.  Hopefully there's only one, but...

Anyway, I'm open to suggestion on why YOU were finding dsister most suspicious, theRepublic. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
1 - dsister not being able to vote, I'd like to know if he's able to vote only under certain conditions or if he can't vote at all.
Looking at my role PM now. I'm basically one step below a stump =/

Below?!? You mean you're worst than a stump?

In some ways yes, I have one thing that makes me (much) better then a stump. And the second I tell what that is I lose it(More or less)...

Good news folks, I got over my laziness and did some poking around. 

Although dsister's actual roleclaim comes after trangentspree's, he hinted at his role (in the quoted post) prior to that.  (Page 6 @50)

So although this is not as specific as the full Swamp Zombie roleclaim, dsister's roleclaim was IMO most likely NOT just a clever copy of trangentspree's.  Well, unless it was WoW that did the copying

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Good news folks, I got over my laziness and did some poking around. 

Although dsister's actual roleclaim comes after trangentspree's, he hinted at his role (in the quoted post) prior to that.  (Page 6 @50)

So although this is not as specific as the full Swamp Zombie roleclaim, dsister's roleclaim was IMO most likely NOT just a clever copy of trangentspree's.  Well, unless it was WoW that did the copying

Couldn't you have gotten over your laziness before you made me get off my DS?

The idea to vote theRepublic as a way of pressuring him to roleclaim is also making me leery.  I'd like him to spill, too, but he said he wouldn't until some L number that I forget but which seemed way too risky:  it puts us in danger of a human ninja-vote attack.  If two humans remain, and they get a mislynch on theRepublic and kill someone at night, we lose.

As I see it. Everyone but therepublic has roleclaimed. And I like how Trucks put it 

TruckOSaurus said:

@theRepublic: Why don't you roleclaim today even if you can't prove it now. Right now, you sound like someone who's trying to buy himself some time and that's not good!

Once we get all the roleclaims out in the open we can take a better look at everything and come up with a plan. I already have an idea or two.

Since if I have all the powers right then this may very well be the last day if we get a mislynch. Though I may have you and SAK's roles wrong 

Ok. I'm going to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going of game A. Which had 2 mafia.
SAK: has a 65% chance of disappearing tonight. But doesn't have to use his power.
Final-Fan: May randomly die tonight?
Trucks: Confirmed zombie. Can't be night killed if he puts the hammer down on someone.
Is that right?

Ok. I'm going to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going off of game A. Which had 2 mafia. 

• SAK: has a 65% chance of disappearing tonight. But doesn't have to use his power.
  • Final-Fan: May randomly die tonight?
  • Trucks: Confirmed zombie. Can't be night killed if he puts the hammer down on someone.

Is that right?

We have six people left

• Nordlead
  • SAK
  • dsis
  • Therepublic
  • Final-Fan
  • Trucks

if we mislynch today. 

That knocks us down to five. And if Final-fan randomly dies, and SAK disappears.

That knocks us down to three. And then the human kill... game over.

So my plan is SAK doesn't use his power tonight, and we make sure that Trucks gets the hammer for the lynch today 

Everyone agree? Final-Fan, did I get your power right?

That is of course going off everyone being a zombie and telling the truth

Vote Count

nordlead - Final-Fan (L-3)

theRepublic - dsister44 (L-3)

Not voting - nordlead,  SuperAdrianK, theRepublic, TruckOSaurus

With 6 alive, 4 votes are required to lynch.

(Final-Fan may neither be voted nor lynched this day)

dsister44 said:

Out of all the people that are left. The most suspicious to me is therepublic. He just seems to put out a certain vibe. And like I've said already. Nordlead's posts just seem like he is telling the truth 

I say we vote, and make him roleclaim.

vote: therepublic

If there is only one human left, there is really no need for me to role claim Today.  You will have a chance to lynch me Tomorrow if you still feel that is necessary.

Now Playing