By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

(note, ?? means we really don't know what they are, but what I/we think they are is after the /)

ok, the drawback of your plan is that you trust dsis and SAK.

Currently the plan looks something like this assuming final-fan's power works

nordlead - zombie
trucks - zombie
final-fan - zombie (or human with awesome powers)
SAK - ??/zombie
dsister - ??/zombie
falcon - ??/human

we lynch falcon, and then we probably lose an easy target (myself, or dsister) who aren't potentially night kill immune, or possibly trucks as he is a confirmed zombie (by me).

so it looks something like this the next day.

trucks - zombie
final-fan - zombie
dsister - ??/human
sak - ??/human

If falcon turns out to be zombie, and there are 2 humans left, then town loses. If there is 1 human left (doesn't matter what falcon was in that case), town could win with a proper vote. If there are 0 humans left, then we win.

so, while I don't have a problem with it and think it is a relatively good plan, I think it's risky. Right now I see no way to guarantee a zombie win due to the unknowns.

Also, I'd like to discuss who you think is a human out of Final-Fan, Dsister & SAK. Might as well discuss that now since we are sorta waiting for Falcon. I'll move to vote falcon if he doesn't show up soon and we have nothing left to discuss (or if WoW puts down a deadline again)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

If I had to choose right now between Final-Fan, dsister44 and SAK. I would be Final.

After a demonstration of his power, it would go down to SAK (if I was forced to choose between those 3).

About the possibility of Final-Fan being a human with the power he described, the only way I can see this happening is if he's the only human left.

WoW would have to be crazy to have a town of 6 zombies (two with vote restrictions) against a team of 3humans including a "super human".

Signature goes here!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Now opening up a slot in 15B for a replacement.

Replacing into 15B will entail a getting a lovingly, handcrafted PM from me as well as the ability to play in vgC's only game of Zombie Mafia. If you cannot be active and post at least 2 times per day then do not volunteer.

First one to PM me gets in.

Looks like falcon095 is getting the boot. Interesting...

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Now opening up a slot in 15B for a replacement.

Replacing into 15B will entail a getting a lovingly, handcrafted PM from me as well as the ability to play in vgC's only game of Zombie Mafia. If you cannot be active and post at least 2 times per day then do not volunteer.

First one to PM me gets in.

Looks like falcon095 is getting the boot. Interesting...

wooo. pick me, pick me

Seriously though, I can see why we need a replacement. If he gets modkilled, it makes our life so much easier or even ends the game. Anyways, I have another post I'm working on that will address those 3 people while we wait for a replacement.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

which brings me to my next post. good thing I split these up and sorry for them being so long, but discussion is good. This is why you should generally focus on 1 person at a time, but right now I'm trying to figure out who to focus on.

out of final-fan, dsister, and SAK one of them could be human. With so many night immune claims, I can see why WoW would say the game isn't balanced. With 3 humans, and potentially 4 night kill immune roles, the humans would be doomed (luckily two non-voters offset the immunity). Anyways, Just going to post some thoughts on all 3 people, and see what you agree/disagree with. You can break it up for easier discussion by person. While all of them could be zombies, I think it is worth discussion the possibility of one of them being human, especially since we are sorta waiting for a replacement player.

I think we should test final-fan's ability. If anyone has a reason not to speak up soon, or else trucks or I should vote him and ask final-fan to clear the vote. This wouldn't absolutely prove he is human (WoW could have some really crazy roles, as already proven), however it would be good enough for me for today. As trucks noted, if he is human and can do such a powerful thing then he has to be the last human. As a side note, he refused to take his vote off of trangent, and him and falcon both wanted to vote him before I came in and started that whole thing. However, voting trangent was understandable, and I also didn't remove my vote at all. The vote order for trangent was - nordlead, final-fan, trucks, j0, SAK

SAK is interesting. He claimed he was awesome from the first post. He claims he has a golf cart that he can skip town in, but there is a "backfire". What intrigues me now, is that if there was a backfire what is it? He claims he was saying he was awesome so he would get targeted at night. If that was the case then he should have used his cart night 1. This would lead to his "backfire" happening, which we never saw. Again, he said he was awesome day 2 to get targeted night 2, so he would have used his cart, but again no public "backfire". Now, even if he assumed he would be safe night 1 and didn't use it, why didn't he use it night 2? He even claims he failed day 3 and that he wasn't awesome, which would mean he would have had to use his power or else he would die if he was truly trying to get targeted. He is the most likely to be human in my book, mostly because I have a lot of questions running around in my mind. Some other things like trying to lynch Falcon quickly, while hesitating to vote Mario also stick out. As I pointed out above, he put the lynch vote on trangent. so SAK, what is this backfire and why haven't we seen it?

DSister. While he can vote now, this doesn't really prove a lot. We should have pressured him into typing "Vote: mario" day 1. I mean, unless it says "you die if you vote" he should have been able to type it and WoW should have ignored it. I'm kicking myself for this, as now the fact that he can vote could just be a cover for a very elaborate scheme. Also, now that I think about it more, this is the person I should have used my lie detector ability on. He hasn't voted anyone (meaningful), so there is no vote history to use to judge him by, and there really isn't a lot to go on. Maybe Mario slipped up day one, and DSister said "oh crap, I can't vote for him" and made up that he can't vote. He then had quite a bit of time to create a believable role. I really don't know about Dsister, but I'm inclined to believe him.

Agree/Disagree with what I posted?

Around the Network

Just a quick note about SAK.

My guess is that his backfire is that after X number of uses of his cart he runs out of gas outside of town and loses his voting ability but I'd really be interested to hear from SAK on this subject.

Signature goes here!

SuperAdrianK said:
nordlead said:
SuperAdrianK said:
damn it all, I'm not awesome enough... should falcon get modkilled or has he sent wow a pm?

we'll find out eventually.

anyways, why aren't you awesome enough?

Someone died. which means I stink.

This is interesting. I'd like to hear more about this...

theRepublic replaces Falcon095 immediately.

Poor falcon :'(

I'm here.

I've been reading the thread as it progressed, but not as closely as I would have as a player.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)