By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Vote Count

Falcon095 - SuperAdrianK (L-3)

nordlead - dsister44 (L-3)

Not voting - Falcon095, Final-Fan, nordlead,  TruckOSaurus

With 6 alive, 4 votes are required to lynch.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Now, that the recap is done, let's go on to the dirty stuff. While I appreciate that nordlead proclaimed my zombieness, I'm still not 100% sure he is what he says he is.

nordlead said:

I'm smarter than the average zombie. I am essentially a lie detector. Last night I checked to see if trucks was indeed a zombie. It came back true, so unless we have some crazy role (like a human that appears as a zombie due to some crazy reason) I believe he is a zombie (no reason to believe otherwise).

Roleclaiming an investigative role (basically a cop since we all declared we were zombies at some point) when the only known protective role just died and all you've got is an innocent to report is just plain suicide. The only way I can explain nordlead's action is that he figured he was the next zombie to be night killed (which I think is a fair assessment) he that he should give us the info he had today.

I just wanted to bring that up so we don't automatically assume nordlead is a zombie. He could be a human using our lie detector talk on day one to mislead us to a mislynch.

you'll note, I was the first person to bring up the limited uses. I knew this without even having to reference WoW's post in the signup thread as it was stated right in my role. I am indeed what I say I am. I wanted to roleclaim yesterday to guarentee j0's protection, but didn't get the chance due to me waiting to see what falcon's vote would be and then everyone jumping onto tranget and lynching him.

Also, I might as well state that I only had 1 investigation. I know more than well enough that 1 single innocent claim isn't a good idea and instead to stay hidden, but it is the only thing I have to offer before dieing. I didn't want to post this as it may have caused the humans to lynch me tonight and therefore save others, but you and Final-fan keep on pressing the issue.

As I stated, I checked you out because you seemed most scummy. If I was a human (and if there were two humans) I could have accused you of being a human, we would have mislynched you, night killed another person, and there would be 2 humans vs. 2 zombies with an almost guarenteed human win. Me clearing you of being a human wouldn't help out the humans. However, what I typed doesn't exactly hold true if there is only 1 human as then it would be 1-3 (humans to zombies).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@ TOS:
I'm inclined to trust dsister.
As for SAK, he didn't ring any alarm bells but that's not exactly a strong vote of confidence.
But of all the unconfirmed roleclaims so far, nordlead's does seem the oddest. Only one detection? Wow.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@ question about my role:
Again, I am afraid of zombie monkeys (evil, not flying) killing me which is why I am in hiding (as the king). It is implied that I will die if I use my ability, but I presume this is due to humans killing an unlynchable character rather than me automatically dying as a penalty (i.e. the monkeys are not real); however, this is not something I can determine for a fact except through experimentation.

If you really doubt me, vote me and I'll use it. Just don't two of you vote me because humans might get frisky.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
@ TOS:
I'm inclined to trust dsister.
As for SAK, he didn't ring any alarm bells but that's not exactly a strong vote of confidence.
But of all the unconfirmed roleclaims so far, nordlead's does seem the oddest. Only one detection? Wow.

well, what can I say. This is sorta like the other game where I was the retired knight and hatmoza claimed backup knight, only I'm the lie detector and trangent called out the lie detector day 1, but this time I at least recognized I was the lie detector

as for the only one detection, yea it sucks, but that is why I didn't investigate night 1. It doesn't make sense to blow it when there are so many people. I was hoping to get into night 2 or even 3, but with j0 already roleclaiming and me arguing with trangent I had to use it night 2. I had really hoped I would hit a human but I didn't.

I'm going to bed though, so I'll revisit this thread in the morning and post some more of my thoughts.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Unvote: Nordlead

Ok, I really can't see why people don't trust Nordlead. Could someone fill me in? There have been little things he's said all throughout the game that just scream "I'm the lie detector" or at least to me 

dsister44 said:
Ok, I really can't see why people don't trust Nordlead. Could someone fill me in? There have been little things he's said all throughout the game that just scream "I'm the lie detector" or at least to me 

Personally, I often suck at sniffing out that sort of thing.  So I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true. 

What do you think of the rest? 

Final-Fan said:
dsister44 said:

Personally, I often suck at sniffing out that sort of thing.  So I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true. 

What do you think of the rest? 

Well, I don't see any reason to not believe Nordlead. So i think that both Nordlead and Trucks are zombies. 

I would really like for Falcon to post more(or at all). So like last game. I have no idea about him.

I'm not sure what to think of you or SAK. None of your posts really stood out to me.

SAK is interesting... He has made quite a few good posts this game. And has been playing incredibly well. And his role sounds like something that WoW would create. 

Sorry for my short(grammatically horrible) posts. The quality of my posts takes a dip after ~12

Okay, without putting words in people's mouths, I have a feeling the town has more or less reached a consensus, as follows:

Falcon, get in here and post or we'll lynch you.
Also, Falcon, roleclaim. And then we'll lynch the person with the claim we trust the least, which may or may not be you.

Okay on with the crazy plan, the reason for my questions last night was because my plan rests on the fact that I believe dsister44 and SAK to be zombies which can be quite risky but with nordlead's reply I'm a bit more convinced he's one of us so that makes my plan safer.

Here we go:

- Final-Fan roleclaim's seems beleivable but the best thing about it is that we can verify it by having someone cast a vote on him and having him use his ability.

- If we do that either Final-Fan proves he's one of us or he gets caught in his lie and dies today.

- If Final is with us, we lynch Falcon095

- Now if Falcon095 is the last human, we win. If he's a zombie or not the last human, depending on how Final's power backfires we end up losing either one or two townies at night. Let's say me and Final-Fan for example.

- The next day the remaining "confirmed" zombies lynch the last human.

I know it's not fullproof but I think it gives us a real good shot at winning this. Please raise as many concerns you have with this plan as possible, I could easily have missed something.

Signature goes here!