By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M?

@ tombi123: Cool avatar! LBP is gonna kick ass!

Around the Network

I'm thinking PS3 will be right around the 8mill mark.

360 will be at 16 mill.

Wii at 19 mill.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

The PS3 will reach 8 million, whether it will make 9, is unlikely. But who knows, anything can happen, I can't wait to see how things turn out.

I think it may fall 300 to 700k short of my 9.5M prediction. In any case 8m is at this point a no brainer. Uncharted and Singstar are coming out in the next to weeks in others and it is already picking up thier. Next week we have Unreal Tournoment 3 in the US and a lot of great Blu-ray titles (and yes Pirates 3, Terminator 3, Harry Potter 5 + 1-5, The Simpsons Movie, and many more = a few 10k's worth the PS3 in december). In Japan GT5P is going to push a large amount of consoles. It is basically the first new Title in the series since well, one. With online 16 player multiplayer, GTTV, and all else that is included, I expect big things even as a precusor to the real deal.

Dec. 1 390k to 430k
Dec. 8 480k to 550k
Dec. 15 570k to 690k
Dec. 22 710k to 820k
Jan. 1 250k to 310k
Total 2.4M to 2.8m

Total as of Nov. 24 6.40 + 2.40 = 8.8M - 700k Easly Achivable
6.40 + 2.60 = 9M - 500k A wise mans Choice
6.40 + 2.80 = 9.2M - 300k Streching It

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

i dont think it will sell 8million.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Ps3 will most definitely pass 8 mil by 31st Dec :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I expect the PS3 to have a great Xmas in Europe - as its the FIRST Xmas their for the PS3 (its the 3rd for the 360!).

Not so sure about the US or Japanese markets though - performance of the PS3 in Japan is going to be *real* interesting, as will sales of Prologue.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
I expect the PS3 to have a great Xmas in Europe - as its the FIRST Xmas their for the PS3 (its the 3rd for the 360!).

Not so sure about the US or Japanese markets though - performance of the PS3 in Japan is going to be *real* interesting, as will sales of Prologue.

How's prologue sales online btw? Do you know? Perhaps those who don't have a decent connection buys the optical version instead?