By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M?

if it maintains the 333,000 sales of last week for the rest of the year it should sell 8,020,000 by my calculation. so it should beat 8 million but not by a lot.

Around the Network

Well I took some time to look over everything this morning and depending on the PS3's NA performance this week I am probably going to be upping my projections. The jump from the week ending Nov 17th to Nov 24th were much larger than I had anticipated and if it is carried through to next week at a similar level then adjustments are in order.

edit: for reference my first estimate was 7m min 8m max with my projection placing it at or around 7.5m

To Each Man, Responsibility

i think when the european data comes in for week ending 1st december we will have a much beter picture.
if 60K in Japan + 120K in Europe + 150K in NA = 330,000

ckmlb said:
It won't matter cause in 2008 the PS3 will be cancelled and Sony will leave the videogame business.

On other fronts, Wii Fit will outsell Halo in its first week and the Wii will reach 750 million after launching in China and India.

I have my calendar marked for PS3 doomsday.  Man, I'll have to play FF XIII, MGS4, GT5, and WKS.  Then I might throw it out the window.

Don't sales usually increase after Black Friday.  That's what I saw the last years of holiday season. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@ckmlb

it is actually doing VERY WELL in the black market of India....

better than Ps3 (which is doing ok on brand name), n much better than 360 (which is a flop their)

I have contacts so I know how well it's doing n the illegal markets their...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Well........... I THINK it won't pass 8M.
I've been reading vgchartz threads for months, but I decided today to join the site.
I laugh a lot reading what some write in here.
Some people here are going to burn their tongues ..................... and I'm refering about both sides of the discussion.

8 mill, easy.

I still thank my predictions will stand the test of time....

maybe the 360 one is a tad low

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

but sales dont even have to increase to reach the 8M mark, why are people so convinced it wont reach 8m?

@tombi123

take an educated guess...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million