By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Holy cow! Call of Duty is at 740k for the PS3!

I think microsoft are better at hypeing and marketing games than sony, so when microsoft hypes or markets a multiplatform game like AC or CoD4 the hype also helps the PS3 sales, so a multiplatform game (at the moment) will sell more on PS3 than an exclusive PS3 game will.

Thats my theory which I just thought up about 20 seconds ago.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
konnichiwa said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
uncharted is just a limited release, expect much bigger sales next week 120k-150k USA only.

Everyone said the same about R&C....

Did they? I am sure that Uncharted was not available in a lot of stores but about R&C I don't know.

Ps3 fans did... they said the same thing "omg it was only available on a couple stores for a few days! expect more for next week!"

We would need to check past news/comments about american charts to find those claims tho.

Ratchet was released WIDELY on the Tuesday before (23rd) Id HARDLY compare that EB/Gamestop starting to sell it on Thursday. To mostly those with preorders.

tombi123 said:
I think microsoft are better at hypeing and marketing games than sony, so when microsoft hypes or markets a multiplatform game like AC or CoD4 the hype also helps the PS3 sales, so a multiplatform game (at the moment) will sell more on PS3 than an exclusive PS3 game will.

Thats my theory which I just thought up about 20 seconds ago.

Or maybe its because about 60% of ps3 owners are on the PSN and they are gamers that have heard about those games being better than uncharted or the other ps3 exclusives. 

mM

well some PS3 owners also have 360 and some will choose a multiplat for the 360, an exclusive should sell more.

carlos710 said:
Duckaluck said:
carlos710 said:
konnichiwa said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:
uncharted is just a limited release, expect much bigger sales next week 120k-150k USA only.

Did they? I am sure that Uncharted was not available in a lot of stores but about R&C I don't know.

Ps3 fans did... they said the same thing "omg it was only available on a couple stores for a few days! expect more for next week!"

We would need to check past news/comments about american charts to find those claims tho.

Yeah and Wii fans said the same thing about SMG and Zack & Wiki, So?

Not really to be honest. But im not the one that made such bet like yours.

Really, knowing that people said the reason for Zack and Wiki sales being so low was because most stores didn't have it and you had to wait until next week to get it and all this nonsense. In fact I believe it was posted in some thread when the games sales came up.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Around the Network

Both Games sold less on PS3

Check Weekly sales then total

Sorry guys to shit on your parade

COD4 - Xbox 360 - 774,981/PS3 - 308,887

Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 - 585,064/PS3 - 226,177

Xbox 360 Elite - XBLA - Bomberman2008

It's time to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum!

"Remember to tell you grandkids to put a rocket launcher in your coffin. If you go to Hell when you die, you’ll need it for some final cleaning-up."

Duckaluck said:
carlos710 said:
Duckaluck said:
carlos710 said:
konnichiwa said:
carlos710 said:
tombi123 said:

Yeah and Wii fans said the same thing about SMG and Zack & Wiki, So?

Not really to be honest. But im not the one that made such bet like yours.

Really, knowing that people said the reason for Zack and Wiki sales being so low was because most stores didn't have it and you had to wait until next week to get it and all this nonsense. In fact I believe it was posted in some thread when the games sales came up.

While it is true that the excuse was thrown around for Zack and Wiki, I have seen no one use it to explain the "poor" SMG sales. Regardless, that does not change the fact that the excuse is stupid. The point of making the original comparison was to show how it is unlikely to be true. Your comment is nothing but flame bait at best.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Guitar Hero 3

Wii - 438,591

Xbox 360 - 892,447

PS3 - 169,632

PS2 - 719,046

All numbers so far are totals

"Remember to tell you grandkids to put a rocket launcher in your coffin. If you go to Hell when you die, you’ll need it for some final cleaning-up."

Bomberman2008 said:

308,887Both Games sold less on PS3

Check Weekly sales then total

Sorry guys to shit on your parade

COD4 - Xbox 360 - 774,981/PS3 - 308,887

Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 - 585,064/PS3 - 226,177

No it's ok at least we got the right info

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

I mean i like the PS3 and Xbox 360, I have Both Consoles

Its just the amount of fanboys here is staggering

Come on people

Get a life

LOL