By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So i ordered this PC... is it any good? :P

No, but my PC (sadly) comes with Vista. On another note, is a 12mbit connection good enough for online games?

(OMG i'm so clueless lol)

Around the Network

i dont know for sure but it seems pretty expensive for the hardware yorue gettin.

gamingdevil said:

1299 Euros. It's fairly cheap :D

Edit: Also i already have 1 Gb of ram that i don't use so that makes it 3Gb.

I'm not familiar with the prices in Europe but in the US, you could get a much better computer due to exchange rates and overall lower price/pwoer ratios (guessing on that one).  

Its not that bad though.  I've not heard much praise of SLI's though, most places I've seen people prefer 1 top of the line version vs 2.

Well the Monitor alone is like ~250-300 Euros so i believe 1000 Euros are not expensive for all this stuff.

You'll be able to play UT3 on high and Crysis on med and with some settings set to high, you've acutally got 2 Cards in SLI so as long as the drivers are good you should be able to get Crysis on high :)

It would of been wiser to have bought one 8800GT and added another one later, when you could afford one but 2x 8600GT should give you a nice boost in games that support it.

A Quad Core is a great investment in the future and crysis supports it, so even today that extra power isn't wasted.

The ram is FINE, anything faster is only really required for overclocking, it won't bottleneck your system at all.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

I think 12mbit is a bit overkill lol

gamingdevil said:
No, but my PC (sadly) comes with Vista. On another note, is a 12mbit connection good enough for online games?

(OMG i'm so clueless lol)

LOL yes! 1MB is good enough! I have a 5MB line and it works wonderfully well.

What is your upload speed?

Vista is about 10 - 15% slower then XP when playing games somewhat due to overheads, but mostly because the graphics drivers still have some issues, in time things should get better.

With Vista adding an extra Gig of Ram is a very good idea. 

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Let me show some cost breakdown without the "bundle":

CPU: 260 Euros
GPU: 150 Euros x 2
RAM: 120 Euros
HDD: 130 Euros
Motherboard: 120 Euros
Monitor: 320 Euros
DVD Writer: 50 Euros

Total: 1300 Euros. Wow, Bundle or no bundle it's the same lol. But still, i'm not the one paying =P

gamingdevil said:
Well the Monitor alone is like ~250-300 Euros so i believe 1000 Euros are not expensive for all this stuff.

Wow, I didn't realize prices were that different between US and Europe.  As a comparison from a somewhat lower brand name monitor in the US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009087 

19" for the equivalent of 130 Euros or so.  You could easily get a good brand name 24" monitor for 300 Euro converted.    

Well if you're not the one paying...more power to ya.

I'd advise you and others, even if you're not very techno-savvy, to build your own PC next time.

It's almost always cheaper to buy the parts separately, and it makes it cheap and easy to upgrade when you need or want to. And if something breaks, you can often replace it yourself, instead of buying a whole new PC or expensive repairs. Even if you don't know how to setup a PC...it's not hard, you generally just put things where they fit...you can read manuals or how-tos...the hardest part is buying the compatible parts. But I'm sure you've got a friend who could help.

Anyway, your PC isn't too bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )