By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is God of War III that great?

God of War 2 was straight awesome. Will start 3 tomorrow. Wonder if it can be better than 2!

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Pretty sure I just had some jackass spoil the ending for me in the sales section.

it's unfortunate, happened to me as well.

Though for me, the story's not as important as the gameplay and 'epic' moments of the game.

I want to buy GOW COLLECTION, sadly I don't have enough money

mM
twesterm said:
gekkokamen said:
@twesterm

dude, so you're playing a PS2 game, and the first one no less....I've read your opinions about "kratos being lame" and you haven't even finished the 1st freaking game. Your opinion doesn't have much weight if I do say so myself. It seems to me you already made your opinion for the WHOLE series just by playing (partially) the first game, how does that make you look here in this thread?

I'm actually playing it now so people will stop saying well you haven't played it

And I'm giving it an honest go.  So far, not a bad game at all.  There are still the same things that bother me but still not bad.  I've just played much better and I do realize I haven't played the other two games yet, but I'm working my way there.

It's just from what I've heard from everyone, the God of War gameplay really hasn't changed that much (and that isn't a bad thing since they got it pretty much right on the first try).

(and I am playing the collection version, I want trophies after all)

Twesterm, the guy does kind of have a point.  If you haven't really played the first two games, you have to be making a pretty superficial judgement call to say a game you're playing now is just like them...  maybe you just really don't like Kratos and that makes it hard for you to get into the game?  (Unless I'm reading that wrong and you have played the other games...  in which case, sorry.)

A tip from someone else who doesn't really like Kratos:

Have a friend over and take turns playing the game.  In my experience, God of War is way more fun when there's someone else in the room giving advice and yelling "oh shit!" when you make a giant three headed dog into a giant two headed dog, or finish off a god.  It's kind of like the new Mortal Kombat. 

Also, use the new L1+circle button move on harpies (kind of like Scorpion's "get over here!")  Those things used to be so annoying in the other games, now they're ridiculously fun to slaughter.

Poseidon is the most EPIC boss fight ever so play the game to experience it xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
Alic0004 said:
twesterm said:
gekkokamen said:
@twesterm

dude, so you're playing a PS2 game, and the first one no less....I've read your opinions about "kratos being lame" and you haven't even finished the 1st freaking game. Your opinion doesn't have much weight if I do say so myself. It seems to me you already made your opinion for the WHOLE series just by playing (partially) the first game, how does that make you look here in this thread?

I'm actually playing it now so people will stop saying well you haven't played it

And I'm giving it an honest go.  So far, not a bad game at all.  There are still the same things that bother me but still not bad.  I've just played much better and I do realize I haven't played the other two games yet, but I'm working my way there.

It's just from what I've heard from everyone, the God of War gameplay really hasn't changed that much (and that isn't a bad thing since they got it pretty much right on the first try).

(and I am playing the collection version, I want trophies after all)

Twesterm, the guy does kind of have a point.  If you haven't really played the first two games, you have to be making a pretty superficial judgement call to say a game you're playing now is just like them...  maybe you just really don't like Kratos and that makes it hard for you to get into the game?  (Unless I'm reading that wrong and you have played the other games...  in which case, sorry.)

A tip from someone else who doesn't really like Kratos:

Have a friend over and take turns playing the game.  In my experience, God of War is way more fun when there's someone else in the room giving advice and yelling "oh shit!" when you make a giant three headed dog into a giant two headed dog, or finish off a god.  It's kind of like the new Mortal Kombat. 

Also, use the new L1+circle button move on harpies (kind of like Scorpion's "get over here!")  Those things used to be so annoying in the other games, now they're ridiculously fun to slaughter.

I've seen the first few hours of God of War 2, meh, but I also think video games at parties are pretty lame too so that could have easily clouded my judgement.

And all you people bitching at me, I'll remember that the next time you say an upcoming game looks bad.

You know, you don't have to call it a party if you just have one friend over, just resist the urge to bake a cake and don't break out the pointy hats and you'll be fine :)

nordlead said:
don't ask this forum. You'll get Sony fans saying yes, and if anyone says no they will be labeled a hater.

My opinion, not my type of game even though I do like Hack/Slash.

(as a note, I came in here because of the ridiculous title for this forum)

To be fair, the one guy being labeled a hater said no despite having not even finished the first game in the series, let alone having played the game in question.

leo-j said:
I want to buy GOW COLLECTION, sadly I don't have enough money

Tempting for two easy Platinum trophies. HD remakes of God of War 1 and 2. Brilliant package if you have not played the first two God of War games. God of War III Ultimate trilogy edition includes all three games but has an expensive price tag.

nordlead said:
don't ask this forum. You'll get Sony fans saying yes, and if anyone says no they will be labeled a hater.

My opinion, not my type of game even though I do like Hack/Slash.

(as a note, I came in here because of the ridiculous title for this forum)

I have to say Nordlead, I hate posts like this.  It's fine to point out that there are a lot of crazy fans for a given console.  It's even fine to say that one console seems to have more crazy fans then another.

But basically saying that everyone on a forum is full of it unless they dislike something, without any reference to the content of people's actual posts, does not make the forum a better place for gamers who want to really talk about games they like and dislike and not just evangelize or whatever.  In fact, absurd generalizations make it worse for the nice (or at least honest) people. 

Anyway, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.