By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kevin Butler Move ad: Is the PS Move sub controller motion sensitive?

I just watched the latest Kevin Butler ad based around the PS Move controller and couldn't help but notice something.. Skip to 1:00 and watch for the grenade throw, I'm quite sure Socom 4 uses one Move and one sub, not two moves but correct me if I'm wrong :P

Around the Network

I had to press a button to throw a grenade. The subchuck is not motion sensitive.

So then what's with the motion in the advertisement?

Good Eyes! , they did mention that the Sub controller might have motion sensing because its not in its final stages, and they want to make sure it doesn't effect the gameplay.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Pretty sure that was two Move controllers, not a sub

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

@M.U.G.A.N I thought that might have been the case but there is one frame in particular where it seems that there is no orb on top of the left wand. Socom 4 could also not be played with two move controllers as it has no analog stick.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Pretty sure that was two Move controllers, not a sub

it isn't glowing and its not big.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I had to press a button to throw a grenade. The subchuck is not motion sensitive.

u have press a button to shoot, everybody knows u must waggle to shoot.

why u need to waggle to throw a grenade? :p

The Ghost of RubangB said:

PLAYSTATION®MOVE SUB-CONTROLLER

PlayStation Move sub controller is a supplementary controller, developed to further expand the experience that PlayStation Move games can offer. It can be used in most PlayStation Move games that require navigating an in-game character as it replicates the control features of the left side of DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller into one’s PlayStation Move experience. PlayStation Move sub controller adds an analog stick, directional buttons and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move's control scheme. In addition, the sub-controller contains the L1 button, L2 button and L3 button for actions and commands common in advanced gaming.

Key Features

• Wireless control completely untethered from PlayStation Move motion controller
  • Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
  • Easy and intuitive XMBTM menu navigation
  • Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
  • Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A - Mini-B)
  • Sleek curved body design that easily pairs with the motion controller

Note: DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller can be used in place of the sub controller for all games that are compatible with the sub controller

and yes:

in the TV ad, that was the sub controller he was indeed using along with a Playstation Move controller..

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I played SOCOM 4 at GDC and I pressed a button to throw a grenade. I didn't see any motion controls there, and figured the game only used the pointing. I did not swing my left arm in any way. This guy is exaggerating for the commercial. Engadget interviewed somebody at Sony about the subchuck and asked if it had motion sensitivity. They said it did not.

If you need both hands to have motion controls, you need 2 Moves. You use 2 Moves in the swordfighting game and the boxing game. If you watch the Sony conference they actually show how SOCOM 4 allows you to play "with your game face on" and the guy demoing it sat perfectly still like a zombie to comically show how "traditional/hardcore" he was.