By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile Dreams Gets A 6.7 From IGN

Ghutto said:
He write: "... I love the premise, the setting..." This is a personal opinion or a Game Review?

Sorry but IGN, GameSpot, Giant Bomb and nothing are the same thing for me.

A review *is* an opinion. You can't be objective about a review unless you're just going to repeat bullet points and press releases.

Six house, though? I was thinking of buying this one but until I hear a lot of people telling me it's longer than that to go through the campaign, I think I'm going to hold off. Maybe I'll just rent it. :(

Around the Network

Sorry but for me a game reviews is a game review and a personal opinion IS a personal opinion. They are two diferent things, or I will give a ZERO for a game that I don't like and this will be a review and not a personal opinion. Like some Wii reviews in GameSpot and Giant Bomb becuase the games have "party" or "family" in the name.

I'm really enjoying the game and I would've scored it much higher.

What is even more amazing is that 67 right now is the mean score for the game -- as Nintendo Power gave it a 55!

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Cheh... go figure... what it really is, is the Wii penalty playing force. If one were to take the average of the scores, it's considerably higher than 6.7. (7.5, to be precise.) But, overall scores aren't an average, they say. No, this is so that they can skew more points to graphics. So what happens when they get a game that even they admit is good looking on the Wii? We need to apply a "Wii penalty" to the score. And I would put dollars to donuts that the same exact game, graphics and all, would score at least 1 full point higher if it were on an HD system.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Yea seriously, how do they score this?

I thought that it would have been straightforward (8.5 + 8.5 + 8.5 + 6.0 + 6.0)/5 = 7.5

I mean, wouldn't that be fair? What am I not seeing here?

mike_intellivision said:
What is even more amazing is that 67 right now is the mean score for the game -- as Nintendo Power gave it a 55!

Mike from Morgantown

How is that amazing. We also had a thread on the Nintendo Power score. Only big difference is we had not got to play the game at the time the thread was started because it was not out yet. Anyways, I do not think anyone should ever trust a score of a game to make up thier mind on buying a game. This is just more proof I would have missed out on another gem of a game if I did.

Ghutto said:
Sorry but for me a game reviews is a game review and a personal opinion IS a personal opinion. They are two diferent things, or I will give a ZERO for a game that I don't like and this will be a review and not a personal opinion. Like some Wii reviews in GameSpot and Giant Bomb becuase the games have "party" or "family" in the name.

....I think you should look up the meaning for Review....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I think people should not take personal opinions as absolute truth.

dunno001 said:
Cheh... go figure... what it really is, is the Wii penalty playing force. If one were to take the average of the scores, it's considerably higher than 6.7. (7.5, to be precise.) But, overall scores aren't an average, they say. No, this is so that they can skew more points to graphics. So what happens when they get a game that even they admit is good looking on the Wii? We need to apply a "Wii penalty" to the score. And I would put dollars to donuts that the same exact game, graphics and all, would score at least 1 full point higher if it were on an HD system.

It would'nt be a true reflection on the quality of a game. With all games, gameplay carries more weight than graphics and presentation. A game could have breathtaking visuals but if the gameplay is poor/fraustating your not gonna enjoy i.