By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile Dreams Gets A 6.7 From IGN

Closing Comments
Fragile Dreams is a great example of a spectacular concept whose execution could have used a little more thought and time. I love the premise, the setting, some of the characters, and the production values. The story is engrossing. Exploring the lush, beautiful environments in search of clues is fun. The flashlight controls and effects are really impressive. Even combat, in dire need of a lock-on, is functional. It really does have a lot going for it, and you'll see that reflected in the scores below. And yet, some of the design decisions and gameplay conventions are exceedingly tired and frustrating. The unnecessary, uninspired fetch quests, blatant backtracking and awkward item management system distract and subtract in a big way from what is otherwise a quality experience. If you fancy yourself an addict for Japanese adventure games, you will want to experience Fragile Dreams. But with some glaring issues that really overshadow the gameplay experience, there's just no way I can glowingly recommend the title, as much as I had hoped I could.

IGN Ratings for Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of The Moon (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
A great concept brought to life. Beautiful visuals and cinematic. Intriguing story. New English dub and Japanese original.
8.5 Graphics
Looks really good. Strong character designs and beautiful, lush environments to explore. Great flashlight effects. Large world. Tech holds up.
8.5 Sound
Moody, atmospheric soundtrack. Also, Xseed has included both the original Japanese dub and a new English re-dub.
6.0 Gameplay
Character and flashlight controls work fine. Combat needs a lock-on. Some fun exploration moments, but also some really tedious, boring fetch-quests and backtracking. Old, dated, design hurts.
6.0 Lasting Appeal
A half-dozen hours or so and you'll be through the main adventure. There's unfortunately not many reasons to return.

OVERALL
(out of 10)

Around the Network

He said that he loved the premise, the setting, some of the characters, and the production values. That the storyline is engrossing, exploring the lush, beautiful environments in search of clues is fun, the flashlight controls and effects are really impressive and that even combat, in dire need of a lock-on, is functional. He didn't like the overall gameplay though. I'm really looking forward to this game.

hmm would have wanted higher, can't wait for the VGChartz review...

Personally, I'd suggest forgetting all about IGN.

I generally trust VGC's review more than IGNs, or hell, anyones.

I'll definitely get this game. Maybe when the price drops a bit.

Around the Network

He write: "... I love the premise, the setting..." This is a personal opinion or a Game Review?

Sorry but IGN, GameSpot, Giant Bomb and nothing are the same thing for me.

IGN or not ,we still know that it won't be a masterpiece anyway. Maybe gonna buy it in the bargain bid. I liked the mood of the game but I got too much games to play...

Ouch.

*Is still keeping hopes of enjoying it*

Meh. It's always the gameplay things that lowers the score it seems, oh well, old news. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I'll wait for user reviews. I plan on getting it regardless. I'm just deciding on new or bargain.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

I have yet to see a need for a lock on in this game at all actually that would be stupid. I am now 5-6 hours in. The game deserves a highers score from what I have played so far. The Cant comment on the length but i am already at the time limit they said and there is more left. Only back tracking I have done is a little to empty my bag at a save point which there are tons of.  game looks great visually. Plays great. Best use of the Wii mote speaker in any game I have played to date.Story is good with a couple cheesy moments so far too. this game is easily 8/10 in my opinion (being consertive since I have not finished it yet) I will not give all the reasons why I do not wish to spoil what I have found so far. this review reminds me why I should never click on review threads that are from another website

p.s. you know if it did not have what they term as fetch quest and you had a much bigger bag they would call it to easy and unrealistic for the nature of the game. God I disilike Offical reviewers. If you know what the game is about and were interested I would recommend this game. It is a great game full of fun. if your not sure what to think wait till it goes down in price.