By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are you expecting in Zelda Wii?

RolStoppable said:
Well, I can get you banned if that counts.

because it would be fun to pilot a M+ air ship, and you think someone should slap me?

You've been reported as it is.

Around the Network
SmoothCriminal said:
I expect, nay I DEMAND, the option for first-person gameplay. Imagine firing a bow, swinging your sword, riding Epona, from First-Person.

Outside of that, I expect a major departure from the Zelda formula. Something more story-driven. Could you imagine if Bioware did the writing and voice-acting for a Zelda game, that would be epic.

ummm...so why not just play The elder scrolls???

hello how are you.

I'd like:

- A game that dares to further blur the lines between overworld and dungeon, main quest and side quest
- A huge world to explore, where everything that looks like it's in reach actually is (and no fake "giga jumps" like the ones guided by midna in TP)
- An epic story, of course
- Weird moments
- Stuff I can't think of, but Nintendo can

NOT more violence, NO voice acting and all the other things other games do.

But I'm confident it will be awesome.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

if i would make Zelda Wii i would have made it so it has a combination of WW and TP as in having the land of Hyrule and the big see with islands as i have always wanted it like this ever since WW came out and i was waiting for TP.

well i hope we get different sorts of transportation. i want Epona, a boat that you can play a song while you are in water (not deep water as you need to stand to play of course) and it will magically appear. or maybe it is a shrinkable boat that you need to play a song and make it grow and then the same to make it small again so it can fit in your pocket.

some sort of way to fly, a creature or something or maybe an item that makes link grow wings...

well i want to see more magic in the game anyway.

WM+ is what everybody wants
man i can imagine how fun this will be if they nail it. like just reaching out with one hand while running you lite the kindles next to you or just holding the sword out and preparing yourself to fight the enemy running towards you on horse or on foot.

they should really use different instruments like the baton from WW as it will play great with the Wii mote.

fishing has to be in the game and you should be able to fish in any waters.

a new enemy or make Ganon more bad ass and appear more often than he did in TP but preferably a new enemy

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

SmoothCriminal said:

I wouldn't say too small, just too empty. I say same size with more things to do in that area. Larger Hyrule if needed.

Hyrule town wasn't that good in TP... not enough houses you could actually enter, not enough secrets or interesting people... yeah, a bit empty, that's it.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

As I said over 2 years ago and pretty much all hints by Miyamoto and Anouma have been pointing two, I think three major things are going to be put into the next Console Zelda game.

1) WiiMotion Controls - This ahs already been confirmed. What hasn't been confirmed is how you will use those controls. I'm thinking it will be akin to Twilight Princess where you will use the wiimote to slash the sword. However, I also feel that the nunchuck will be used for additional features, such as using a shield to defend. How will this be accomplished? That's part of #2...
2) The game will utilize a combination of first and third person perspectives - When fighting, you will be able to switch between both first and third person, much like in Metroid Prime and in the classic Ocarina of Time styles, based on need. But always whenever the user wants to. No longer will you be forced into first person to use arrows or a hookshot. Now every item and even your sword will be in both first and third person. And the first person mode will enhance the 'wiimotionplus' experience, allowing for things such as blocking swords and close melee attacks like pushing and sword parrying. All much more seamless and 'natural' than in Wind Waker/Twilight Princess and without having to be set to 'action events'.
3) Z-Targeting will be eliminated - With the introduction of WiiMotionPlus and the consistent statements by both Miyamoto and Anouma that they are making a game that is 'different from the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess formula', Z-Targeting will be going away. It is the most iconic and strongest feature of those games, but it is also the biggest limitation of those games. If you want to totally reinvent the 3D Zelda engine, you need to start fro mthe ground up. And you can't do that if you start with a new game engine built on Z-Targeting.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

i sure hope we do not need to go in to FPS mode when fighting as the way link fights now is one of my favorite ways to play a game. but if it is optional then sure why not as some might like it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Paperdiego said:
SmoothCriminal said:
I expect, nay I DEMAND, the option for first-person gameplay. Imagine firing a bow, swinging your sword, riding Epona, from First-Person.

Outside of that, I expect a major departure from the Zelda formula. Something more story-driven. Could you imagine if Bioware did the writing and voice-acting for a Zelda game, that would be epic.

ummm...so why not just play The elder scrolls???

Because, the Elder Scrolls Franchise doesn't have the puzzles Zelda has. Not only that, but unless TES V really blows me away, that series is dead to me.

ElRhodeo said:
SmoothCriminal said:

I wouldn't say too small, just too empty. I say same size with more things to do in that area. Larger Hyrule if needed.

Hyrule town wasn't that good in TP... not enough houses you could actually enter, not enough secrets or interesting people... yeah, a bit empty, that's it.

Precisely. A good example in A Link to the Past. Every pixel of that game world was used (and interesting), and it was still a massive world.

Take full use of the Wii's Graphics,I imagine it would being TP was built for GCN and Wii,but this one is only on Wii so thats What I think.I wonder though for swordfighting would it be in the 3rd or 1st person.