By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outsell 360 for Week of Nov.17?

boilermaker11 said:
madskillz said:
Nice ... glad the PS3 is pulling in good numbers. My question is ... will this last, especially with a drought of good games? I really, really think folks are buying it for the Blu Ray player and not so much about the games.

Dang, these numbers prove Barnum was right ...

There's a statistic out there that says that over 50% of people with PS3s don't even know what Blu-ray is...so I doubt people are only buying it for that reason

Yes, you are right, however, I do know a few folks who did buy it because it was a Blu Ray player with a free PS3 inside ... LOL

But ... can you explain the ho-hum attach rates for several PS3 games? 

Around the Network

@madskilzz

Well I dunno about the "ho-hum" attach rates of some games

but BOTH

COD 4 & AC have HIGHER attach-Rates on PS3 than 360

now for 3rd party's that encouraging

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

zaphodile said:
Cool. I think this will force MS to lower the price with another 50$. It's kinda crazy that they lowered the price with a mere 50$ after 2 years, unless they wanted to save it for christmas or something.

@ Zaphodile

M$ really doesn't need to lower the price one bit. They are going to sell units based on price, a huge library of games and its proximity in price to the Wii. There won't be any Wiis - and folks will look and see an Xbox for just $30 more. The 360 will most definitely benefit from the lower price point.

And I do expect a $50 price cut when GTA IV drops ... but there's no real reason to try and bury Sony right now. They'll let Sony do that for themselves ... 

@madskilz

yup SONY's gonna bury themselves

they became a multi-billion dollar corporation by burying themselves everytime....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

darthdevidem said:
@madskilzz

Well I dunno about the "ho-hum" attach rates of some games

but BOTH

COD 4 & AC have HIGHER attach-Rates on PS3 than 360

now for 3rd party's that encouraging

@ Darth

Oh, no doubt ... but how about other titles? You don't think the holidays have something to do with attach rates on the PS3? The 360 has had insane attach rates for a while - and it's not just holidays. 

Around the Network

So the PS3 sold about the same as the 360 this week. Let's look at each territory to see what will likely happen in the coming weeks:

USA - both the PS3 and 360 will get big boosts (percentage wise) in the coming weeks, but the 360 will probably widen the gap since it's outselling the PS3 by a large amount. Example - if sales of both increase 30%, 360 will add 46.5k to its weekly sales, and the PS3 will add 26.1k only. Get my point?

Others - the PS3 is outselling the 360 here by a small amount, but last week the 360 closed the gap a little, so the 'Others' region seems pretty neutral on this regard.

Japan - PS3 sales are likely going to decrease due to the end of the sales spike from the new model. 360 sales will remain more or less at the same levels (they can't go down much after all ), so PS3's advantage here will decrease.

Conclusion - in terms of weekly sales, the 360 will most likely start widening the gap more and more from now on.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

hmmmm...

I think you could be right

JAP is definetely going down, cus it's in DEC that their holiday rush starts

EU - once again I thin you are under-estimating PS3 here...

USA - 360 terrai as you said

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

damn spelling mistakes, new keyboard you see....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

darthdevidem said:
@NJ5

hmmmm...

I think you could be right

JAP is definetely going down, cus it's in DEC that their holiday rush starts

EU - once again I thin you are under-estimating PS3 here...

USA - 360 terrai as you said

Regarding EU, I just think that the gap (in weekly sales) between the PS3 and the 360 won't change much. I'm not saying the PS3 won't keep outselling the 360 in the holiday season (that may well continue happening). In December, the PS3 could even have much better sales than the 360, who knows? First Christmas advantage may affect things. My analysis above was for the next few weeks though, not December.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

ok:)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million