By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outsell 360 for Week of Nov.17?

That would be extremly close... It quite possibly could happen seeing as that last weeks sales were only first day, if they hold up then yeah, I could see it passing 360 WW at least for this week.

Around the Network

It didnt show that last week, weird, guess it did

Also ps3 needs to sell about 58k in order to win, can it do it, possibly, wouldnt suprise, but would be only a minor victory, they cant only barely win when a price drop occurs.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
CrazzyMan said:

PS3 already outsold x360 on Nov 11. when, Sony sold over 100k in USA with new 40GB model and also over 60k in Japan.
http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39397 =)

Next is Wii. ))

Well since the Wii just sold much more in America alone than the PS3 is going to worldwide this week...

Okay, so they lose a lot of luster. It's still better than not selling at all, though.
Can you prove that with official statements? =)

Anyway, with having Ratchet (best game for kids, also good one for teens), having Uncharted(best game(experience) for teens) and having Blu-ray, imo PS3 is BEST investment for FAMILY This Christmas.
Am i wrong or right, time will show, but for now, PS3 is doing good, while it still cost more, then competitors. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

naznatips said:
CrazzyMan said:

PS3 already outsold x360 on Nov 11. when, Sony sold over 100k in USA with new 40GB model and also over 60k in Japan.
http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39397 =)

Next is Wii. ))

Well since the Wii just sold much more in America alone than the PS3 is going to worldwide this week...

i must admit, i thought the wii would fad out by now, but at the rate its going since launch it looks to be the next ps2. and i want one now lol.

Around the Network

Nice ... glad the PS3 is pulling in good numbers. My question is ... will this last, especially with a drought of good games? I really, really think folks are buying it for the Blu Ray player and not so much about the games.

Dang, these numbers prove Barnum was right ...

... very amusing...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Interesting to see the adjustment made to last week ... 10% up on PS3 and 15% down on 360. I would be interested in hearing why that adjustment was made ...

I guess I don't expect to see PS3 beat the 360 until after the numbers are adjusted after being released.

From my perspective this week will be the one that will set the bar for the rest of the holiday. If PS3 can hang close with the 360 through the Black Friday weekend then the holiday season could be very close.

ioi - "I have always endorsed NPD and have always conceded that their figures are obviously far more accurate than ours ..." - Posted on: 06/14/07, 22:22

http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=355

@ DMeisterJ )

as WiiStation360 already posted, the PS3 outsold the 360 last week in ww numbers - or atleast it did according to the adjusted numbers ioi has put up (just click the link he posted)

madskillz said:
Nice ... glad the PS3 is pulling in good numbers. My question is ... will this last, especially with a drought of good games? I really, really think folks are buying it for the Blu Ray player and not so much about the games.

Dang, these numbers prove Barnum was right ...

Its only going to go up from here, the holidays are way to close.

mM