By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will God of War 3 make you buy a ps3? SPOILERS INSIDE!

Will God of War 3 make you buy a ps3? SPOILERS INSIDE!

Yes,I will buy a ps3 for this game 78 60.00%

No,I am happy with my 360 games 52 40.00%

Total:130
r505Matt said:
I already have a PS3 myself, but I'm not even slightly interested in GoWIII. Played the demo, was very unimpressed, just seems to have nice shiny graphics, but the core gameplay didn't seem much different than it's previous, tedious iterations. Not a fan of hack-n-slash combo games though, so I'm totally biased against the genre.

The demo was awful lmao, trust me when i say, you DONT WANT TO MISS THIS GAME

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network

If you have an HD tv and you miss out on God of War 3, you are missing a good look at how far gaming and graphic technology have come today in 2010

Its the single most advanced video game ever released properly utilizing the cell processor and taking up a whopping 35 Gb of space...

And after playing.. I can confirm never in all my years of life have i been so blown away by a video game

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:
r505Matt said:
I already have a PS3 myself, but I'm not even slightly interested in GoWIII. Played the demo, was very unimpressed, just seems to have nice shiny graphics, but the core gameplay didn't seem much different than it's previous, tedious iterations. Not a fan of hack-n-slash combo games though, so I'm totally biased against the genre.

The demo was awful lmao, trust me when i say, you DONT WANT TO MISS THIS GAME

Yeah, I'll try it out at some point, but I still don't have much hope for it. But it gives me a little more hope to hear that the demo was awful, because I thought I was the only person who felt that way =P

1337 Gamer said:

Dont have money for a PS3 right now (college, food, upgrading my PC gotta get me a pair of 5870's and another monitor and everything else take precedence) plus i barely game more than an hour or two a week on my PC and 360 combined and thats usually halo 3. I just dont have the time to fit PS3 gaming in there as well.

Why not get the 5980 and save a slot?

btw: God of War 3 doesn't interest me in the least when I do finally get the spending money to pick up a PS3 I have a list of games and God of War will never be on it

Nah, i like the series but i need a more robust JRPG selection to buy it at the 300 price tag.

Around the Network

Not really, God of War is a game for guys who doesn't want to grow old.

But i've seen the demo, and its better than some FPS shooters, trust me.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

No. Im not going to pay 59.99 for something I'll beat in a few days. The game looks good but it has no replay value. I'll wait until the ps3 is $199 and comes with 2 free games, then maybe I'll bite depending on what games those are.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

papflesje said:
I look forward to similar threads from you when a X360 exclusive (Reach, Alan Wake, ...) comes out :)

Absolutely.

Seems there are more people in the "i want a ps3 for gow3" right now then the others.

Wonder how will it end...

disolitude said:
nah...

No game alone is enough for me to buy a console since my gaming plate is full.

If Sony implements 3D support right, I will buy a PS3 as I have a 3D TV.

whats it like?

pizzahut451 said:
disolitude said:
nah...

No game alone is enough for me to buy a console since my gaming plate is full.

If Sony implements 3D support right, I will buy a PS3 as I have a 3D TV.

whats it like?

Peetty good when using Nvidia 3D vision and PC even if the whole thing is pricey as hell.

If Sony implements it on more than a handful of PS3 games it will be a worthy purchase. If only 2-3 arcade games support it and Wipeout HD...forget it.

I can play 3D blurays on my pc so I won't need the PS3 for that...