By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Thread of Mass and Effect

I must be really slow, I got the blue chick and I'm on the snow planet with the matriarch... after 13 hours! About what % of the game have I completed?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

man 40 hours I have been playing that game I can't get enough of it :)

for the matriarch you were underleveled... I had the same pb I went to some side mission level up came back kicked her ass in one try with no pb....

people say the world look alike I don't agree... for a RPG i think it's pretty varied I mean you always either have a different ground texture different atmosphere... element falling from the sky and the terrain is more or less difficulte....all those variables make each earth different from the other compare to KOTOR or even a JRPG or a game like morrowind... (look at the caves all the same almost)

Great game best RPG I have played since KOTOR... (in that style).... and it's not any time soon another is going to take its seat I think... if you liked KOTOR you can buy it your eyes closed...

i need to say this that mass effect without the glitched would of been mass perfect

Soriku said:
IDK, but all I know is it WILL get ported

i doubt it

BenKenobi88 said:
Since EA bought Bioware, a PC port is likely.

I'm hoping that gets announced in the next few months. If not...who knows, I may get a 360 in the spring or summer. I really really want this game.

mass effect is published by microsoft so the chances for it getting ported arent as high as with EA

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
I would post but I don't have a cam :p

Not that ppl discussing this and haven't seen many ppl on my list playing it, is this not getting the attention it deserves?

no this is getting the attention it deseves its just that people havent put it in there now playing list

ported on PC it's possible... MS has money to do their too and if it's in a year it won't be a competitor for selling XB.... and the 2nd volume can come out on XB at that time...

BTW talking about names of your character... mine is a guy named German Shepard.... I thought it was funny at the time lol

They'll probably port to PC. But like any X360 to PC port, the specs will be atrocious. Why not get in now, and get the game?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

A few pictures of various characters

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210263&page=2

If I had a capture card or something, I'd get some pics, but I'd have to use my digicam.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

shio said:

G4TV: 5/5
GameSpy: 5/5
GameDaily: 10/10
GamerTV: 5/5
MS Xbox World: 10/10
OXM US: 10/10
OXM Australia: 10/10
VideoGamer.com: 10/10
GameZone: 9.8/10
Planet Xbox 360: 9.8/10
Xbox Evolved: 9.8/10
Game Informer: 9.75/10
Cheat Code Central: 4.8/5
GameTrailers: 9.6/10
TeamXbox: 9.6/10
GamePro: 4.75/5
IGN: 9.4/10
Gamer 2.0: 9.2/10
Xbox 360 Advanced: 9.2/10
EGM: 9/10, 9.5/10, 9/10
ActionTrip: 91%
IGN UK: 9.1/10
1UP.com: 9/10
360 Gamer: 9/10
CVG: 9/10
Gamesmaster: 90%
GamesRadar: 9/10
GameTap: 9/10
OXM UK: 9/10
PALGN: 9/10
Video Game Talk: 4.5/5
Xbox World 360: 90%
Yahoo! Games: 4.5/5
GameSpot: 8.5/10
UGO: B+
Play Magazine: 8.5/10
Eurogamer: 8/10
Hardcore Gamer Magazine: 4/5
Slashdot: 4/5
EDGE: 7/10
PC World: 60%
Duke City Gamerz: 9.75/10

AVERAGE: 91.2% out of 41 reviews
AVERAGE (no 360 mags): 90.7% out of 33 reviews

from another forum

Edit: Updated

Updated with dukecitygamerz.com rating ...