By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PES 2008 rip-off which leaves Konami laughing all the way to the bank

I actually really like the game and think it is an improvement on PES 6, the slowdown is hardly noticeable, and the gameplay is smooth

add me

Around the Network
Munkeh said:
I actually really like the game and think it is an improvement on PES 6, the slowdown is hardly noticeable, and the gameplay is smooth

You must be one of the few.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Seem like normal issues to me. Hardly anything game breaking, which is why it got great reviews.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

mario strikers is not a football game, it is a pile of shit, PES 2008 is much better.

"The last version of PES was simply a better game, but we’re all too frightened to admit it as it is ‘old’. "

I like this quote, imo it could be applied to A LOT of 'next gen' games and shows that fancier graphics can sometimes be used to cover up a game's blatant flaws and sell to a portion of the market who think better visuals=better game.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Seem like normal issues to me. Hardly anything game breaking, which is why it got great reviews.

Did you miss the part about online mode being practically unplayable?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@biggerboat

the graphics have been hardly updated at all, there really isnt much difference between PES6 and PES2008 graphically.

Yeah, it's really more a case of only having a year of development time in cycles between games that lead to games either being nearly identical to last year, or have a lot of flaws because you don't have the time to implement new things.

Look at the Smackdown vs Raw series for example... Full of bugs.

Or Madden etc.

It'd be better off if they released new games every 2-3 years and just roster updated them. Well better for quality, but not for sales... hence why they don't do it.

tombi123 said:
@biggerboat

the graphics have been hardly updated at all, there really isnt much difference between PES6 and PES2008 graphically.

Well if true that's even worse, these people are buying a game which is inferior in almost every way to a game which most will probably already own. Some people don't deserve to have disposable income.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Kasz216 said:
Yeah, it's really more a case of only having a year of development time in cycles between games that lead to games either being nearly identical to last year, or have a lot of flaws because you don't have the time to implement new things.

Look at the Smackdown vs Raw series for example... Full of bugs.

Or Madden etc.

It'd be better off if they released new games every 2-3 years and just roster updated them. Well better for quality, but not for sales... hence why they don't do it.

Stop producing yearly games and focus on quality? lol, that's rich.

---

lol anyway, Didn't Next Level Games actually make Strikers and not exactly Nintendo? My room mate and I only find Strikers fun when the AI isn't in full domination mode (aka beating the living shit out of you). Anyway, that's beside the point.

This is part of the reason I don't buy into sports games (that and I'm not a huge fan of sports games..) because they're on a yearly release which means that it's usually just a few improvements between titles and their quality usually worries me as well.