By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A solution to Nintendo's stock problem.

superchunk said:
@fazz, at this rate of sales. We definitely won't be seeing a price cut regardless of how they reduce production costs. Nintendo is not going to throw away money.

I agree.  No price cut...  That said, there is nothing stoping Nintendo from reducing manufacturing costs and increasing production rates....  but it'snot that easy to switch...

Around the Network
superchunk said:

or they could just build a ps3/360 clone, therefore selling less and keeping plenty in stock. :) j/k.

Or even better, they could instruct people on how to build Wiis from Gamecubes and duct tape.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
superchunk said:

or they could just build a ps3/360 clone, therefore selling less and keeping plenty in stock. :) j/k.

Or even better, they could instruct people on how to build Wiis from Gamecubes and duct tape.

and an ir emitter from radio shack. lol.

The soution is easy. Just tell everyone to stop buying them. ;)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

walmart last year on the wii pages offered $250 gift cards..."due to demand why not give this and use this to purchase the wii after the holidays"

Around the Network

@lenardo, see walmart is #1 retailer for a reason. I bet they sold quite a few of those bad boys.

I have an idea, stop production of the GC and convert those plants to Wii production. OMG that would be brilliant.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ssj12, Nintendo is putting out almost 2m per month. That is by far more than any other console manufacturer ever. I don't think the incredibly small amount of gc they are still producing will have any affect on the overall wii production.

I understand what you mean by presale vouchers, but I have to laugh at the thought of a kid opening up his Christmas present to find a letter from Santa, explaining he'll be back in March with the Wii when the elves finally meet demand.

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like an IOU because you were too lazy to stand in line on a Sunday morning. 

@Dryden -- lol, I did think of that. I always wanted to see someone's face of mild happiness when they see they *almost* have the present they wanted.

@RolStoppable -- I am pretty sure they did not *stop* production. I think it is just really low. I could be wrong of course. But, how much remaining stock could there be? I haven't seen a original xbox on shelves in over 6 months. But, I still see 5-6 gc's on walmart's shelves as well as other stores.