By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A solution to Nintendo's stock problem.

Presell.

Nintendo should let the retailers presell stock. Nintendo could garauntee that the would keep the pre-holiday throughput of 1.8-2m consoles be distributed per month through say March to ensure that whatever quantitiy was presold would be fullfilled asap.

I know that when I worked at Circuit City on commision I frequently told customers during the holidays to buy a giftcard for the amount of the missing item. Lets say an ipod. So they would buy a gc for like $300 and give that in place of an ipod telling the lucky lad to come in later to pick it up.

They can do the same thing, but sell Wii vouchers for $250. Thus, allowing continued sales of Wii's that won't possibly get shifted to ps3/360's and still get the person essentially what they want.

Granted this isn't a perfect solution, but I think it has merit. Your thoughts?

or they could just build a ps3/360 clone, therefore selling less and keeping plenty in stock. :) j/k.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Presell.

Nintendo should let the retailers presell stock. Nintendo could garauntee that the would keep the pre-holiday throughput of 1.8-2m consoles be distributed per month through say March to ensure that whatever quantitiy was presold would be fullfilled asap.

I know that when I worked at Circuit City on commision I frequently told customers during the holidays to buy a giftcard for the amount of the missing item. Lets say an ipod. So they would buy a gc for like $300 and give that in place of an ipod telling the lucky lad to come in later to pick it up.

They can do the same thing, but sell Wii vouchers for $250. Thus, allowing continued sales of Wii's that won't possibly get shifted to ps3/360's and still get the person essentially what they want.

Granted this isn't a perfect solution, but I think it has merit. Your thoughts?

or they could just build a ps3/360 clone, therefore selling less and keeping plenty in stock. :) j/k.

thats a good idea but i dont think nintendo will do that,and most parents wont wait for stock to come again,so they will still buy somthing else

How about sell gamecubes for $300, that comes with a mail in rebate for a wii.

jlauro said:

hm i dont think people will really use this deal

Nintendo won't do it but if I were a retailer I would be tempted to make up giftcards that were Wii related(like target did for launch) and give them a free game.

The best time to get a system will be the first shipment after Christmas. Anyone dead set on getting it before better check craigslist.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

@dschumm -- or just go to a store in the wii hours of the morning.

I have better solutions = 55nm and faster manufacturing.

And with 55nm, we could see a price cut.

fazz said:
I have better solutions = 55nm and faster manufacturing.

And with 55nm, we could see a price cut.

we probably could see a price drop if nintendo uses the 65nm but i dont think nintendo will,because they dont want to drop the price yet

@fazz, at this rate of sales. We definitely won't be seeing a price cut regardless of how they reduce production costs. Nintendo is not going to throw away money.

endurance said:
jlauro said:

hm i dont think people will really use this deal

It gets them the promise of a wii, and something Nintendo under the tree (so it's not a 360 or PS3).  Plus, it helps sell off the remaining stock of game cubes.  win, win, win...