By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are people complaining about the PS Move price?

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about with the sub-$100 pricing for the Playstation Move. I am a wii owner and less than a year ago, with the introduction of the Wii Motion Plus, we decided to invest on addtional controllers. So Controller was $40, NunChuck was $20 and WiiMotionPlus was $20.

Adding this up, It gets to about $80. Right now, the WiiMotionPlus bundled with the wiimote costs about $50 with the nunchuck at $20 which still brings the total price for the set at $70.

Now, the Playstation move with far greater capabilities with its nunchuck + the playstation eye costs less than $100. How is that price high?

If I owned a PS3, I'd be very happy with that as looking from the videos, even the wiimotionplus addon doesn't make the wiimote as responsive. This is very apparent when comparing to wii sport resort table tennis with the sports champion table tennis demo.

Anyway... Thought I should point that out.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network

I think there are a lot people firing back at the Sony people that were talking about how expensive Natal would be.

I couldn't agree more.

Shoestar said:

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about with the sub-$100 pricing for the Playstation Move. I am a wii owner and less than a year ago, with the introduction of the Wii Motion Plus, we decided to invest on addtional controllers. So Controller was $40, NunChuck was $20 and WiiMotionPlus was $20.

Adding this up, It gets to about $80. Right now, the WiiMotionPlus bundled with the wiimote costs about $50 with the nunchuck at $20 which still brings the total price for the set at $70.

Now, the Playstation move with far greater capabilities with its nunchuck + the playstation eye costs less than $100. How is that price high?

If I owned a PS3, I'd be very happy with that as looking from the videos, even the wiimotionplus addon doesn't make the wiimote as responsive. This is very apparent when comparing to wii sport resort table tennis with the sports champion table tennis demo.

Whoa whoa, what greater capabilites?

I agree, a bundle with a game and the Eyetoy for a $100 is cheap, but the bolded is a complete lie.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Shoestar said:

I agree, a bundle with a game and the Eyetoy for a $100 is cheap, but the bolded is a complete lie.

psmove has the same functionality as the wiimote with motion plus and can also do augmented reality which as of right now the wii can't.  so it has greater capabilities now doesn't it? 

Around the Network

Actually, if you have a Costco's in your area, they have black Wii-mote, nunchuck, and motion plus combo for $60 total. Don't know if Sams Club has it though.

What was the move bundle again? A move controller and a camera? If I recall, the Playstation eye itself was like $35-40.

kitler53 said:
dtewi said:

psmove has the same functionality as the wiimote with motion plus and can also do augmented reality which as of right now the wii can't.  so it has greater capabilities now doesn't it? 

What in the world does that mean?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Why are people complaining about people complaining about PSMove price

dtewi said:
kitler53 said:
dtewi said:

What in the world does that mean?

this...

...now of course nintendo could release a camera for the wii but as of yet they haven't.

dtewi said:
Shoestar said:

You own a Wii, you're talking about the PSMove, and i'm sure you didn't even read all the news of interviews and previews about the PSMove and what it can do that a Wiimote can't.

Go back to your Wii and stop talking without even knowing what's the capabilities of the PSMove. If you love your Wiimote so much, at least, try to defend it correctly...