By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo fear..TEH MOVE

gimmickyWii said:

critically acclaimed games.etc

lol.  Were we watching the same GDC keynote?  Derivative casual shovelware from SCE's Euro studios isn't exactly something to crow about...

Around the Network

No not at all, MS on the other hand...

Okay I'd first like to just clarify that the Move isn't a "knockoff" by definition. A fake rolex is a knockoff. You can call it a copy of the wii-mote or whatever but I don't think the word knockoff is appropriate to describe it. Because that's basically like saying Toyota is just a honda knockoff (just a crappy example, I don't know which came first).

On topic though: I think its too late in the generation for it to really matter. Everybody already associates Wii with motion controls, it's too late for Sony (or Microsoft) to take that away. It may have a MINOR impact on Wii sales, but nothing huge.

gimmickyWii said:
axt113 said:
STEKSTAV said:
axt113 said:
gimmickyWii said:

Lets be honest, the Move is a Wii-mote knockoff (or a wii-mote inspired if you're in denial). So they are both in direct competition for the Wii's dominated demographic-the casuals.

Assuming the PSmove will be successful, Nintendo will most likely be the one to suffer. Because "motion control" has been Nintendo's key differentiation regarding competition & business strategy.

[natal not included in this discussion because very little information has been released about it]

Why would Nintendo be afraid, Move doesn't expand the market, or capture Nintendo's audience, in fact it does nothing that the Wii doesn't already do, for less money and with Nintendo games, basically Move adds no value to the market that isn't already there.

Except now the Wii-mote comes with a PS3.

But for $200 more, hence why it lacks value

^^That $200 adds value such as getting great graphics, superior technology, critically acclaimed games.etc

Not really since as we've seen with the Wii and DS graphics and tech mean nothing, and critically acclaimed games mean nothing unless the market want them, and Nintendo games are the most wanted by the market

Critically acclaimed games should always be held in a higher regard than Commercially acclaimed games.

Around the Network

Nintendo should be cautious about any form of competition, no one knows what could happen. They probably thought Sony would never one up them back in 1996 and look how that turned out.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

TheNoobHolocaust said:
Critically acclaimed games should always be held in a higher regard than Commercially acclaimed games.

Well with Nintendo, you get both. <3 <3

axt113 said:
gimmickyWii said:
axt113 said:
STEKSTAV said:
axt113 said:
gimmickyWii said:

Lets be honest, the Move is a Wii-mote knockoff (or a wii-mote inspired if you're in denial). So they are both in direct competition for the Wii's dominated demographic-the casuals.

Assuming the PSmove will be successful, Nintendo will most likely be the one to suffer. Because "motion control" has been Nintendo's key differentiation regarding competition & business strategy.

[natal not included in this discussion because very little information has been released about it]

Why would Nintendo be afraid, Move doesn't expand the market, or capture Nintendo's audience, in fact it does nothing that the Wii doesn't already do, for less money and with Nintendo games, basically Move adds no value to the market that isn't already there.

Except now the Wii-mote comes with a PS3.

But for $200 more, hence why it lacks value

^^That $200 adds value such as getting great graphics, superior technology, critically acclaimed games.etc

Not really since as we've seen with the Wii and DS graphics and tech mean nothing, and critically acclaimed games mean nothing unless the market want them, and Nintendo games are the most wanted by the market

i wasn't referring to sales or selling. I was merely responding to your lack of value comment regarding the PS3. Fact is graphics & tech & games are values.

jarrod said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:

In some cases I would agree with you like with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trillogy, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii all deservingly sold great. But there are many games on the Wii that sell well and shouldn't. For example I honestly don't think Wii Sports should of sold as well as it did. Games like the ones I mentioned are far more deserving of the honor of leading the Wii games in sales.

TheNoobHolocaust said:
jarrod said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:

In some cases I would agree with you like with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trillogy, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii all deservingly sold great. But there are many games on the Wii that sell well and shouldn't. For example I honestly don't think Wii Sports should of sold as well as it did. Games like the ones I mentioned are far more deserving of the honor of leading the Wii games in sales.

Well, Wii Sports was bundled.  And I'd agree, it's pretty meh, basically a glorified tech demo.  I'd also say I'm lukewarm on Wii Play, Fit and (bizarf!) Music.  Sports Resort though is AAA through and through, and really deserving of acclaim.