By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo would be "embarrassed" if they were Sony or Microsoft?

I agree with all you said in the OP.

But now is the Nintendo turn to say "So you said shit about me and in the end of the day you're just following my steps eh?"

If I was a PR at Nintendo I would be even more nasty to the point of referring in the interview the lag in Natal Camera and the lack of precision of the demos on the "superior" technology of PS Move.

Let the man do his job.

Around the Network
TheGameFather said:
KungKras said:
Anyway, why would Nintendo trash talk now?
They have been so incredibly nice when talking about their competition in the past. Miyamoto even went to Microsofts demonstration of Natal and said that he was impressed.

Why are they trashtalking now?

On the other hand, like OP said. It's Kotaku.

Trash talking?

What else could he possible say when asked about the Sony Move?  Lie?

It IS embarassing, its borderline pathetic.  What would you say in his possition?  That Sony and MS are visionaries made of courage?  Its a joke.  Natal and Move are punchlines.  Reggie was as reserved as humanly possible given the circumsances.  Miyamoto isn't human, you can't expect Reggie to be on that level.

Um I dunno.....anything other than that?

"Well we definitely see that our competitors are adding motion controls to their consoles. We feel however that with our huge installed base and with stronger support for WiiMotionPlus on the way, that we'll be able to continue to add value to our consumers' experiences with the Wii at a very affordable price point."

Done. You pimp Nintendo, bring up more MotionPlus support, without even saying a peep about Sony or Microsoft other than in very quick passing.

TheGameFather said:
Garnett said:
Sempuukyaku said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:
Just like Nintendo will be embarrassed when they go HD!

Innovation at its finest...

We did HD like what 4-5 years go?

We are doing motion controls now, Nintendo needs to move on and go HD and get with the times.

Yeah, Nintendo needs to "get with the times", because Wii sales are very weak.

Anyway, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. How does Nintendo counter statements like these? With results. Period. No need to smack talk.

Well if there was only one HD console out it would outsell the Wii.

Except PCs have been HD for since before any console ever wuz?

HD isn't an innovation, its the natural progression of things...  The most obvious, thoughtless and visionless of natural progression choices at that.

Were not talking about PC's, i cant connect my PC to my 32 inch TV.

Were talking about Consoles that play games first and everything else.

Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:

Hahahahaha oh my, funny..... but still, not very smart

It was a joke dude. Carl is not a cheap troll on VGChartz :)

Go easy on him.

Garnett said:
TheGameFather said:
Garnett said:
Sempuukyaku said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

We are doing motion controls now, Nintendo needs to move on and go HD and get with the times.

Anyway, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. How does Nintendo counter statements like these? With results. Period. No need to smack talk.

HD isn't an innovation, its the natural progression of things...  The most obvious, thoughtless and visionless of natural progression choices at that.

Really man? I'd beg to differ considering I'm using a laptop connected via a VGA cable to my 42" TV to make this post. LOL.

Around the Network

Reggie saying this sounds weird,but, I understand.

Sempuukyaku said:
TheGameFather said:
KungKras said:
Anyway, why would Nintendo trash talk now?
They have been so incredibly nice when talking about their competition in the past. Miyamoto even went to Microsofts demonstration of Natal and said that he was impressed.

Why are they trashtalking now?

On the other hand, like OP said. It's Kotaku.

Trash talking?

What else could he possible say when asked about the Sony Move?  Lie?

It IS embarassing, its borderline pathetic.  What would you say in his possition?  That Sony and MS are visionaries made of courage?  Its a joke.  Natal and Move are punchlines.  Reggie was as reserved as humanly possible given the circumsances.  Miyamoto isn't human, you can't expect Reggie to be on that level.

Um I dunno.....anything other than that?

"Well we definitely see that our competitors are adding motion controls to their consoles. We feel however that with our huge installed base and with stronger support for WiiMotionPlus on the way, that we'll be able to continue to add value to our consumers' experiences with the Wii at a very affordable price point."

Done. You pimp Nintendo, bring up more MotionPlus support, without even saying a peep about Sony or Microsoft other than in very quick passing.

Reggie is about kicking ass and taking names, not PC BS.

How quickly they forget.

Garnett said:

We're talking about Sony feeling embarrased about being forced to copy Nintendo yet again.

But yeah you can actually hook er up to the 32", and you should.  I have my PC hooked up to my 42" and it destroys both the HD consoles and television at the same time.

L.C.E.C. said:
Garnett said:
TheGameFather said:
Garnett said:
Sempuukyaku said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

Really man? I'd beg to differ considering I'm using a laptop connected via a VGA cable to my 42" TV to make this post. LOL.

Also, people talk about "HD" as if it's actually something, well, different. It's just a name for a range of resolutions, just as SD or ED. Things like "full HD" are so meaningless I've played game with way more pixels than that even before this generation launched. HD doesn't mean squat and basically every generation got a resolution upgrade, way before Sony or Microsoft even entered the buisness. It's just as innovative as adding more RAM to a PC ¬¬

Farmageddon said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Garnett said:
TheGameFather said:
Garnett said:
Sempuukyaku said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:

Also, people talk about "HD" as if it's actually something, well, different. It's just a name for a range of resolutions, just as SD or ED. Things like "full HD" are so meaningless I've played game with way more pixels than that even before this generation launched. HD doesn't mean squat and basically every generation got a resolution upgrade, way before Sony or Microsoft even entered the buisness. It's just as innovative as adding more RAM to a PC ¬¬

Then how is a natural, logical progression towards virtual reality any different? Ahh yes.  Nintendo released it, so it's some undiscovered gem.   Games have always tried to place you in the middle of the action. Making some waggle wand doesn't magically scream innovation.  The technology has been out there for quite some time.

Nintendo makes me laugh.  Suddenly everything they do is the gospel.  Yet the N64-Gamecube years produced about a number of games you could count on two hands that were worthwhile entries.

Wake me up when Nintendo physically 'invents' something worthwhile.