By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Toriyama: Next Final Fantasy will be more open than FFXIII!

i think he makes a fair point. it was their first game on hd consoles, and they had to spend alot of time building the engine. At least now, the next FF game should have a shorter development time frame. I hope.

Around the Network

Next FF will be AGito! can't wait for that one...and versus after that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

guys versus had an overworld remember but nomura said he was changing it because he thought it looked silly, I just hope that we all get a chance to see the overworld map again, I mean if they do it FF8 style but with HD graphics it will not look silly.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I'm wondering if they'll go 360 exclusive this time. Or perhaps the Wii. It would be nice for them to give back to the console manufacturer that allowed them to enter the industry.

Severance said:
Too early guys... too freaking early toriyama san please stop talking about a game 4 years before it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey took shorter time do develop with smaller team and it has towns... Don't get me wrong. FFXIII is still a great game (currently on chapter 8) but this sounds like a excuse.

As long as he's not talking about the MMO, then I'm excited.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

So they released an unfinished game?

-claps- Square Enix = HUEG BALLZ

Pixel Art can be fun.

wow thats a good statement although we will have to wait about 6 years before we see if it holds any weight and by that time we will have forgotten he said this, but FFXIV will be very open as its a MMORPG and FFvXIII will probably be quite like FFXIII, unless thats what he is talking about and then we only have to wait a year, and we might remember what he said... maybe

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

that's nice Square... but first show me some FFvXIII footage, a release date and get to work on FFXV so you can release it at some point this console generation...