By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New FF XIII Problems? No, Google translation Problems...

Ok...spin it how you want...FFXIII's current release date or window sucks for PS3 momentum. 2009 is two Christmases away, and while the game may be one of the best ever made it will be too little, too late for Sony if they don't turn things around with MGS4 and GT5.

No one is cherry picking here or looking under big rocks for black clouds to rain on Sony's little parade. The fact that this game is stuck in development when the PS3 sorely needs a huge franchise hit is bad news for Sony fans; that is, if you are hoping that your console of choice turns the world upside down and comes in first again.

If you're not worried about sales of the PS3 but simply about games, then you have no reason to worry. This will be an amazing game when it is finished. If, however, your self esteem and libido are tied intrinsically to the success of Sony's new console then this news, whether it be a 2009 or 2010 release, is terribly bad news for you and you should probably shed a few tears rather than saying people don't know how to read Japanese.

Around the Network
Jandre02 said:
destructoid is just a crappy fanboy site who hops on every bit of bad Sony news, just like you SeriousWB. Sorry but its been translated over and over. It is on character that is throwing everyone off. So get over it, sorry no bad PS3 news today. The PS3's lineup next year remains a lot better than your consoles.

BTW, destructoid was the say site crying to IGN when they changed their review of PS3 version of Assassins Creed. Even though other sites get better reviews to the PS3 version, this guy went straight to the only site that didn't, IGN, and made a story about how "ironic" it was that this game had issues on the PS3. destructoid sucks, and is desperately trying to get more hits off the fanboy stuff. Bunch of losers i tell ya.

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=194

Oh is that right? I don't remember posting in the previous FF thread about the same topic, and I don't remember replying to this one in the way you describe.  In fact, I was asking for clarification was I not?  So if personal attacks make you feel better about yourself then so be it, but atleast think before posting.

And I'd like you to know that I don't have a current gen console yet, so "my consoles" would be PS2 and Gamecube right now.  You want to argue about the lineup comparisons of current to past gen consoles if it makes you feel better? 

@super-etecoon : do you choose to ignore facts? Didn't someone just translate it to specifically the opposite of what the rumor was? Yet again you're claiming I am making this up even though it was a mistranslation. I made this thread specifically to debunk this rumor, one in a long line of the smear campaign on the PS3.

By the way, that libido remark is a personal insult and you should stay away from those.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
The actual source of the information: www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071119/sqex.htm The only actual mention of FF XIII and The White Engine is actually specifically saying the rumors about work on the engine being stopped are false and work is proceeding as before. Somehow this got translated into the direct opposite. Sorry Sony haters you're going to have to celebrate something else... At least one of the only 3 games left to come out on the PS3 is fine...

hohohoho u like war?

cause that is what u get when u say that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@Kirby

Thanks for further proving my point.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

just the truth

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ckmlb said:
@super-etecoon : do you choose to ignore facts? Didn't someone just translate it to specifically the opposite of what the rumor was? Yet again you're claiming I am making this up even though it was a mistranslation. I made this thread specifically to debunk this rumor, one in a long line of the smear campaign on the PS3.

By the way, that libido remark is a personal insult and you should stay away from those.

That's the only way little etecoon knows how to play.

Insulting mods that is. 

montana why must u react 2 ckmlb can handle this on this own

Good news....I would take FFXIII over my next 5 most anticipated titles combined. That's how bad I want it.

FF is what made me a console gamer again. I grew up playing on NES and Sega Genesis--then switched over to pc only.

Final Fantasy X made me fall in love with consoles all over again.

Anyhow, can't wait and glad the article was mis-translated by google. Can't wait to get this game.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

ckmlb said:
And FF XIII in 2009 is news? This was said months ago. Destructoid is using the same source.

This is very true.  I don't know why people expected it in 2008 in the first place.  Even Japan was told end of 2008 at the earliest.