By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony copies, we innovate." - Nintendo

Awww, I got excited for nothing. >_>

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Lol, this one really got to them.

Keep innovating Nintendo so Sony can make it better.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Impulsivity said:
d21lewis said:
It's about damn time Nintendo opened fire. This has gone on long enough. I love my Playstations, but historically, ANYTHING that they see working for somebody else, they make a version of it. I know everything is built off of something else, but damn! If Sega, Nintendo, or Microsoft bring it to the mainstream first, Sony is going to do it, too. It's ridiculous.

It's just a function of who they are as a company.  They only do everything could very well be their corporate slogan.

Find a segment of consumer electronics that Sony doesn't have at least 5 products in, I challenge you.  Mobile phones, desktops, laptops, portable media players, boom boxes, recievers, tvs, game consoles, video cameras, phones, digital cameras, film and photo processing software, game production, MMORPGs, movie production, movie format production, television production etc.  They really just do pretty much everything so of course they're the first to move into any segment that looks viable. 

they practically were first the netbook formfactor, Xbrite glossy LCDS  and mac keyboard :p.

they are just given , sony like samsung like being first on many things,  but they go the luxury route many of those things go unnoticed, x505 still is today a hell a notebook.

I just can't help myself to think that nintendo's agressive statment reveal a kind of fear among them...

Molyneux (Microsoft side) criticizing the Move, Nintendo criticizing the Move...I'm starting to think that Sony nailed it...

Lord Flashheart said:
forest-spirit said:

Sony vs Nintendo.

Round 1.

Fight!

She's playing Natal :-O

Looks like MS has snuck in and pinched round one from both of them.
Typical MS

Aw crap! Damn moneyhatters!

@date

What the, 2006!?

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

btw this article was written in 2006

- Just a reminder

4 years passing doesn't make it any less true haha

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Impulsivity said:

Remember how Nintendo pioneered the use of Disc based media in consoles? Oh wait, they stayed with cartridges 5 years past their prime. Pretty sure Sony was the first to use DVD in the PS2, so is the Wii a ripoff?  Reportedly Sony shopped the PS1 to Nintendo and Nintendo told Sony they were crazy and should go away.  That worked out well for big N in the first and second generation of modern games huh?

Remember how Nintendo had an online gaming network that let you play with dozens of other gamers with unique usernames and voice chat? Oh, they still don't have that?

If by gameplay innovations they mean the innovation of remaking the same game from the 80s or early 90s 8 times and leaving 90% of it the same (see Mario kart, Smash bros, New Super Mario Bros etc) then yes, they do indeed own that innovation. I'll take the innovations of games with the scale of movies, interactive drama, customizable level creators and photo realistic graphics thank you very much.

saying that wall of 90% shovelware and retreads that is the Wii section of Best Buy is the innovative future of gaming is like me saying that movies like Twilight are the future of innovative cinema in the US. If thats true heaven help us.

The arrogance of Nintendo with their current slate of decided mediocrity when it comes to games is just maddening.

I'm going to of course catch flack for saying anything bad about Nintendo, but if the PR guy quoted can lead off with calling Sony an inferior copy machine it kind of sets the tone doesn't it?

This Gen Little Big Planet, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain have been as innovative as anything I've seen come from Nintendo in over a decade.

*Im going to respond by paragraph

Being the first to use dvd's is not innovation , its just logical progression because cartridges were becoming far too expensive to dvd's so of course dvds would be the new medium......even if sony wasnt going to be a part of last gen someone would be using dvd's.

I hope your not insinuating that sony revolutionized the online gaming scene........

Whats wrong with using franchises from decades past? The ones Nintendo uses are iconic franchises , something sony has none of. What do you expect them to do have Link in space? Mario is BY FAR the best platformer , Legend of Zelda is BY FAR the greatest action adverture series , SSB is the best brawler game and Mario Kart is the best kart racing game...........do you expect them to just stop these franchises when they absolutely dominate their respective genres? It would be stupid of them to even think of something like that.

Lol....you call nintendo arrogant when sony is in the discussion......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

*glorious applause*

well done OP, this is some expert trolling and (dare I say it) even better than a lot of rols work. And there is no higher praise I can give than that

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

SaviorX said:
megaman79 said:

btw this article was written in 2006

- Just a reminder

4 years passing doesn't make it any less true haha

Youre right. Because it was never really true in the first place

psrock said:

Keep innovating Nintendo so Sony can make it better.

Thast the Japanese way.

Mercedes or BMW do something, the Japanese car makers perfect it.