By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
nightsurge said:
Chrizum said:
The game's not for sale yet, my girlfriend received a copy from Ubisoft because she writes reviews for a Dutch gaming site.

Either that or you pirated it (not saying you did, just saying its also a likely explanation for anyone getting this game early).  It's been leaked onto torrents.  A buddy of mine with a modded Wii has it already, too.

I don't even know how to mod my Wii, let alone have any need for it. I'm a fairly rich bastard so money ain't a problem for games fortunately. I still have the game pre-ordered (limited edition), and I will get it for sure. We'll sell the normal version we have now as soon as I receive it.

Around the Network

Here's a question I had about the game that no one has answered yet - are the difficulty levels locked (as Samus Aran said)? Or can one access any difficulty level right from te start?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Here's a question I had about the game that no one has answered yet - are the difficulty levels locked (as Samus Aran said)? Or can one access any difficulty level right from te start?

You can choose easy, medium and hard right from the start. I don't know anything about an unlockable difficulty setting.

How come whenever someone says that they have a game early for a specific reason, people automatically think they pirated it?
Game reviewers and developers actually have family and friends, it's not like they're fictional creatures who hide under rocks when they're not working. If they get a game early, of course they're gonna show it to people close to them.

-PaNdOrA- said:
How come whenever someone says that they have a game early for a specific reason, people automatically think they pirated it?
Game reviewers and developers actually have family and friends, it's not like they're fictional creatures who hide under rocks when they're not working. If they get a game early, of course they're gonna show it to people close to them.

If anyone wants to know, the review will be on ww.gamez.nl fairly soon (probably this weekend).

DISCLAIMER: gamez.nl is a shit site.

Around the Network

You can pick from 3 levels at the start! Also Samus where they hell do you live where you. Are paying 60 dollars for a Wii game? You do seem to far into the stereotype Wii gamer the industry likes to present as real Wii gamers. So basically if it's not Nintendo you don't buy. Since they are the only ones capable of making good Wii games.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Samus Aran said:

Yeah, I responded on that response that it was bullshit, but he deleted it.
And he hasn't unlocked the other difficulty level, so it's his first play-through. I'll wait and see what some reviews say before I decide to buy it though.

Well, going by what Chrizum and others who played the game say, difficulty levels are not locked, so your basis for saying that this was that guy's first playthrough is all wrong.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Like I said two days ago. Its an average game, the controls aren't 1:1. But its fun. Just Rent it.

Why would anyone want to have the controls 1:1?
I honestly fail to see how this game would be absolutely better all of a sudden if it had 1:1 sword fighting.
It's not like we're professional sword fighters here, so a game with true 1:1 sword-fighting would be very annoying for a lot of people.

1:1 swordfighting is impossible, for any game ever.

A wii controller has no weight, but a sword does. Do you see yourself swinging a sword back and forth multiple times per second? I don't think so. It would look totally ridiculous and gameplay would be broken.