By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just what we need ... another Mass Effect review ...

We gave it a 9.75 out of 10. I would have given it a 10, but ... just check out my summation ...

The good: Where do I start? Stellar gameplay, engaging dialogue, amazing storyline, killer graphics, unparalleled depth, save-anywhere capabilities, deep role playing and the list, literally, goes on and on ...

The bad: Annoying load times, wacky camera angles (at times) and just 3 to 4 canned lines for NPCs - it would be sick if they could really be snippy if you ask them the same questions again.

Head over to www.dukecitygamerz.com and let me know ... or www.abqtrib.com/qt3ch/ but dukecitygamerz.com is much better ...

Around the Network

Archive - Tuesday, October 30, 2007
That has to be the most dull interpretation of portal I've ever seen.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

9.75 considering all the things wrong with the game, and the game looks alot worse then other games, the game is over rated.

Vengi said:

Thanks. I actually spent the most time on Portal - and love it. Thanks for reading ...

Griffin said:
9.75 considering all the things wrong with the game, and the game looks alot worse then other games, the game is over rated.

The things wrong with it weren't enough to lower the score. I haven't read any other reviews yet - I was basing the score - and review - on what I experienced. It's an awesome game, period. 

Around the Network
Griffin said:

it doesnt look alot worse then other games

madskillz said:
Vengi said:

Thanks. I actually spent the most time on Portal - and love it. Thanks for reading ...

Same here, and your welcome. I've book marked it.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I think is under estimated, there´s some people that dont know how to apreaciate high quality games.. (dont be a console fanboy, play all the games you can) mass effect is an excellent game.. it looks amazing.. well detailed models and enviroments.. shadows and lights in realtime.. i have been playing 11 h.. and i dont want to stop..the history of the game is very fascinating.. i just wanna know what is goin happen in the end... but there´s a long way to go... ammh.. and i love the combat and the dialogue system.. it´s fantastic... Mass effect is a masterpiece..
1-dont be a console fanboy.... please!!
2-play it
3-removes from your mind to nintendo and sony for a moment and give a sincere opinion of the game...

Griffin said:

Dude, as long as the graphics arn't ugly, graphics arn't going to matter much in 80% of reviews.  Reason being... graphics don't really matter unless they are really godawful or unbelievably breathtaking... and not having unbelivably breathtaking graphics isn't going to prevent perfect or near perfect scores.  (See Halo.)  All breathtaking graphics are going to do is raise your score if your game wasn't near awesome and the first place.

As many people have put it before, you don't play graphics.  So they arn't really going to effect the review much more then sound. 

Double