By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN to become Like Xbox live - Paid Subscription

This is disturbing. The reason why I leech off my roommate's account is because I find LIVE to be a scam with the payment. If Sony implements this I'll probably find someone else to leech off of and probably just stick to the Wii's limited online and the PCs unlimited online. Would still be a loss.

Around the Network
GamerTechGuy said:
...Trust me Xbox's profits would fall like 90% which would be the last thing they want, Plus their server prices would go up because more people would be playing Xbox Live.

Hum... hum...

So new games have been announced with free multiplayer for silver XBL subscription...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

PSN will still be free like it has. People who pay are just going to get bonus things and maybe a slightly better connection. But I have never had a problem with PSN connection anyways. So i'm set!

Wagram said:
PSN will still be free like it has. People who pay are just going to get bonus things and maybe a slightly better connection. But I have never had a problem with PSN connection anyways. So i'm set!

Right, your only gonna pay for certain things like "pay 20 bucks and get unlimited rentals for a month" (example). Playing online will be free as always.

Wagram said:

the just that I think is sony is going on a pay as you need instead of pay as you must type of network.

not everyone want's  or needs

QORE

but there is many people that buy it!

adding in Full downloadable movies to own $14.95 for full movies in SD and HD for those movie buff's

add in the downloadable game's mini's, PSP game's, and sometime's even full PS3 game's warhawk as an example\

now add in PSN HOME purchases content.

than Ad  revenue

there's more way's to gather money for their support of their online network upkeep in order to keep the PSN online play for free.

just like the PC has been able to do for year's and year's..

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Isnt that the same as xbox live? silver membership is free!

how funny sony said they would NEVER charged for online.... well this IS charging!

LAME

Wagram said:
 But I have never had a problem with PSN connection anyways. So i'm set!

What a liar...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Wandamaximoff said:

how funny sony said they would NEVER charged for online.... well this IS charging!

LAME

no..no..no

I don't have to buy QORE,

I do not have to buy downloadable movies

i dont have to buy downloadable game's

-

in order to get to play online game's

the point being it's not the same as XBOXLIVE and How XBOXLIVE is setup,

Silver membership is not the same as PSN's basic service

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Online is free. It will always be. The Online experience right now will only get better for free customers not worse.

Wandamaximoff said:

LAME

no one is actually charging anything, you should read the OP again before typing in CAPS and unleashing NERD RAGE!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.