By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Happy Birthday Wii - sales pass 14million in 12 months!

Congratulations and happy birthday!!

I've made a post on Digg to this site to celebrate: 

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Happy_Birthday_Wii_sales_pass_14million_in_12_months

xx**Angel**xx

Around the Network

oh yeah i forgot, 'twas yesterday right? (19th in USA)

edit. wow i was suprised imanaged the first post, it said 0 replies on the front page but usually this particular member gets a lot of attention for some reason.

Yes it was! Did anybody bake a cake?

I suppose this is diggworthy...who knows if it'll stay up though. There's been like 3 topics on the PS3's first year in the past week anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I was too busy playing Galaxy for baking.

someone should have baked one of those Wii shaped cakes.

Around the Network

I'd save it for 15 million. 14 million is not very interesting for most.

Sorry, Weighted Companion Cube cakes are top priority.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

FishyJoe said:
so three weeks time.

edit; actually, the USA/Japan sales are not in for this week yet, so it will likely only be 2 weeks away. (this week totals make LTD to 14.2M+, plus two weeks of 400k+

Yeah, digg has been getting insane amounts of PS3 stories lately. Outselling the Wii for one week in Japan was on the front page literally three times, and now cutting dev kit costs in half is about to pop up for the second time.

Huge shifts in general opinion like this on digg usually means a fan site is gaming the system somehow. Sooner or later either diggers get fed up with it, start burying the less relevant items and the gaming dies out, or it gets exposed and there's a huge(ish) uproar, like what happened with Destructoid.

TWRoO said:
FishyJoe said:
so three weeks time.

Could be one week