By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy sells ~70,000 in first week IN THE UK !!

DMeisterJ said:
@ naznatips

Cance this, issue that, maybe this, one year since that, etc. Okay so you're still trying to make excuses for what the game has sold. I'm not going to revisit this post for another week so that when next week, when it sells less, I can be absolutely right. If I'm wrong, then I'll handle that but I won't make excuses about why I was wrong. I believed hands-down that the PS3 would be winning as soon as it came out but I was wrong. So what! I got over it, didn't excuse Sony's piss-poor behavior and astronomical prices. So stop grasping at straws and accept that the game hasn't done what was expected. Thanks :)

DMeisterJ what you are doing is the exact definition of trolling.  You are posting in an inflamatory manner while ignoring facts, anything said in contradiction to your posts, or past posting history in the thread.  I don't know what excuses you remember for SMG's Japanese sales.  Maybe you should take a few moments to look over the news post with that week's Japanese sales, because there was universal acceptance and disappointment in that thread.  Again, if there is a Nintendo related supply issue sales should be about the same next week.  If it was a retail supply issue sales should be higher.  If it wasn't a supply issue at all, sales should be much much lower.   

Around the Network

@ Just_ben

No one outright said it, but it is insinuated (don't know if that's correct spelling) by people saying it's sold out, selling for higher than MSRP on Amazon, saying there are issues with the pressing of the game, retailer orders etc. If the game had sold a million untis this week, no one would be discussing the game. Wii owners would all be holding hands and jumping in a circle. But since the game didn't do what was expected, we have to analyze sales ad nauseum, to find some glimmer of hope that the game didn't sell less than we expxected.

@ naznatips

Sorry if I was trolling, just tired of seeing the same idea discussed ad nauseum.

But you made an excellent point at the end of your thread;

naznatips: "If it was a retail supply issue sales should be higher. If it wasn't a supply issue at all, sales should be much much lower."

Everything makes so much sense :) Thx

Well then at least you picked something out of the discussion and I suppose I should be happy with that.

@ DMeisterJ : People here are not trying to say "the game sold 70k but it's because of stock, with a good stock it would have sold like 400k !". They are just trying to figure out why the game didn't sell very well but is still sold out, because that's not logical. And the thing about software production problems comes from Reggie Fils-Aime himself.

Anyway people are just talking about sales numbers, and that's all what this website is about. So if you can't accept that people discuss numbers, don't come on this website.

kuraobi said:
@ DMeisterJ : People here are not trying to say "the game sold 70k but it's because of stock, with a good stock it would have sold like 400k !". They are just trying to figure out why the game didn't sell very well but is still sold out, because that's not logical. And the thing about software production problems comes from Reggie Fils-Aime himself.

Anyway people are just talking about sales numbers, and that's all what this website is about. So if you can't accept that people discuss numbers, don't come on this website.

I can only say, Quote !

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ Just_ben

No one outright said it, but it is insinuated (don't know if that's correct spelling) by people saying it's sold out, selling for higher than MSRP on Amazon, saying there are issues with the pressing of the game, retailer orders etc. If the game had sold a million untis this week, no one would be discussing the game. Wii owners would all be holding hands and jumping in a circle. But since the game didn't do what was expected, we have to analyze sales ad nauseum, to find some glimmer of hope that the game didn't sell less than we expxected.

@ naznatips

Sorry if I was trolling, just tired of seeing the same idea discussed ad nauseum.

But you made an excellent point at the end of your thread;

naznatips: "If it was a retail supply issue sales should be higher. If it wasn't a supply issue at all, sales should be much much lower."

Everything makes so much sense :) Thx

A million, a game, a week, Europe? Mario? HELP in WHAT strange WORD do you live in? Can I come? I didn't perform perfect, but def. not bad for Europe. MP3 is bad. Your problem is you are talking to reasonable people. It didn't sell less than expected, at least not less than I expected. And it is sold out in Germany and UK, both on amazon at least, and people are telling that also shops seems to be sold out. Sorry, but you fail, because you seem to interprete here points into people words, that ain't there.

Well i agree with cklmb, that we should look the sales a bit further, before making assumptions about the sales. And this requires that they will be able to meet demand.
All i know is a) i had trouble finding it at friday, which really is exceptional and never happened before with just released game b) Nintendos finnish importer said before SMG release, that SMG and RE:UC will be short of supply c) people in forums i visit, tells me that it is hard to find and everyone haven't been able to find one. I don't think the importer intentionally orders too small amount of it, when they know the amount is not enough.
Also notice, that it was not usual PAL release, it was European release, Australia gets the game after 2 weeks.
The supply to NA was pretty big, and i believe they diverted stock to North-America to meet the demand there.
SSBB propably was pushed back because of the short capasity in disc manufacturing, in fact, wasn't the reason that 3rd parties have ordered more discs than expected.

@Just Ben: i actually said, that last week could be the worst week for Galaxy this year. If the demand keeps high and Nintendo have supply issues until christmas shopping season starts, it's possible.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

SEEE... my country (and ioi's as well) has good taste... =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

kuraobi said:

Whoa kuraobi, hold on now.  I didn't say people said that but it was definetly insinuated (spelling?) in a few posts.  Back on topic, I don't really care anymore.  It sold 70k in the first week, and that's that.  Whatever it sells next week, it sells next week.  But this thread is making my fingers hurt from soo much typing and keeping me from my work so I no longer care about this subject.

bdbdbd said:
Well i agree with cklmb, that we should look the sales a bit further, before making assumptions about the sales. And this requires that they will be able to meet demand.
All i know is a) i had trouble finding it at friday, which really is exceptional and never happened before with just released game b) Nintendos finnish importer said before SMG release, that SMG and RE:UC will be short of supply c) people in forums i visit, tells me that it is hard to find and everyone haven't been able to find one. I don't think the importer intentionally orders too small amount of it, when they know the amount is not enough.
Also notice, that it was not usual PAL release, it was European release, Australia gets the game after 2 weeks.
The supply to NA was pretty big, and i believe they diverted stock to North-America to meet the demand there.
SSBB propably was pushed back because of the short capasity in disc manufacturing, in fact, wasn't the reason that 3rd parties have ordered more discs than expected.

@Just Ben: i actually said, that last week could be the worst week for Galaxy this year. If the demand keeps high and Nintendo have supply issues until christmas shopping season starts, it's possible.
Sorry, I somehow doubt that. It will have legs, for sure, but beating first week the rest of the year is highly unlikley.