By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting a Wii from amazon.de, question to German wii owners

Hey guys. I'm finally jumping on the Wii bandwagon (don't kill me yet, I couldn't get it earlier). Now is a good time because I'm afraid it might start selling out in Europe soon too, with all the uncertainty about supply and so many people from UK ordering Wiis from other countries.

Since I'm living in Sweden right now (taxes are high), the cheapest way for me is to get one from amazon.de. I was adding a couple of games (Metroid Prime 3, Wii Play; SMG is sold out) to my cart, when I started wondering if games sold in Germany are translated/dubbed and not playable in English. Is that the case?

Oh while we're at it can you tell me if this wiimote charger is worth a damn? The BigBen one is sold out.

PS: 360 might be next (or not...).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well, Metroid features 5 languages: German, English, French, Spanish and Italian.

As far as I know you can play all those games in English.

in the Wii menu u can change the language to english (dutch is also possible, if u can speak that too) and then all games are in that chosen language.

dont forget to buy Zelda and Zack & Wiki =)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess I'll just forget about the charger and buy one later. I don't think I'll buy Zelda, but I may give Zack & Wiki a try (and RE4 too).

I just completed my order, it will be shipped tomorrow :) Wii+Metroid Prime 3+Extra Nunchuk+Component cables = 368 euros (including shipping). Wii Play was also sold out...

Now I just need a TV :P

PS: thanks for the warning about RE4 RolStoppable, I'll buy it later together with other games.