By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slimmer PS3 Slim is expected this March

I doubt it'll look any different than the current one. Just lighter, but that isn't needed since most people put it horizontal.

Around the Network

Sony does this all the time. There were 9 or 10 revisions of the ps2 fat and several more of the ps2 slim. They usually just change or eliminate some components to make it cheaper to produce. You porbably wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for the recent shortages.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

PS3 air? :D

I just got a 60 GB fat, but unfortunately its already having severe issues with freezing up in games and movies so Im returning it.  I wanted BC but if the slim really is much more reliable, based on what Ive read at several forums, then Slim is the way to go.  The old 60 gb systems had severe flaws that cause YLOD and I dont want to swap for another 60 GB only for it to die too. I want to finish uncharted, but Im willing to wait a month or two and get a slim.  

so sonys way of combating the ps3 slim shortage in the US and UK is by reducing its weight by 0.2kg?

Around the Network
Sorcery said:
Sounds like another way to cut costs even further. Sony's really learning a lot about efficiency in their systems this generation.

My thoughts exactly!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I doubt it, theres never been a 2ndary slim model. not even for the infamous PS2.

Sorcery said:
Sounds like another way to cut costs even further. Sony's really learning a lot about efficiency in their systems this generation.

Except that they did the exact same thing with the ps1 and ps2. They even integrated the power supply into the tiny ps2 slim in 2008, cutting the weight by 720 grams. Seems to me that this is something Sony has always done, though the incentive to cut costs is greater this time around.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

V-r0cK said:
Xxain said:
This could Xxplain why SONY has those shortages

I see what you did there ;]

he always does that there ;]

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Grimes said:
So everytime a few parts are changed expect shortages?

Not at all. This article makes no sense. These 2 models could co-exist in the market. No one would be ablt to tell the difference and there would be no need to clear out stock. Unlike when they needed to clear out stock for the slim. If there was any model still on shelves at the same price point as the slim people would go slim almost always.