By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass effect 2 Versus Final Fantasy XIII

Mass effect 2 Versus Final Fantasy XIII

Mass Effect 2 14 36.84%

Final Fantasy XIII 19 50.00%

Candy!!! 5 13.16%

Total:38

To those who have played both of these games. Which game is the better game of the two. The critics and game industry has given it to Mass effect 2 = 96% on metacritic Vs FFXIII only 83% on metacritic.
Both games are in the same genre: RPG game. Big deal they are set in different environments and use different combat system. An RPG is an RPG.

Let the gamers decide. Vote now.

Discuss and comment on the two games and which game is better of the two if you only could play one. Which one would it be?

Around the Network

not really a pointful thread, compare hass effect 2 to fallout 3 and FF13 to Lost Odessy

well i think ff 13 is better mass effect is a lil boring to me. (me)

BW_JP said:
not really a pointful thread, compare hass effect 2 to fallout 3 and FF13 to Lost Odessy

No those comparison would not be fair and one sided. Mass effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII are two new released RPGs from 2010. So what one is made in the United States and the other is made in Japan. Both games are popular RPGs and it is a fair comparison.
Western RPG = United States

Anime obsessed JRPG fanboys will like FFXIII better and normal people will realize Mass Effect 2 is the superior game.

Around the Network

ff 13 is awesome on 1st chapter and loving it

Well I have not played FF 13, but since Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games on the xbox 360 i chose that.... I probably just skewed the results.

I don't think that this is such a pointless thread.

It contains the best rpg of this generation (mass effect...2) vs. one of the best known and most acclaimed rpg series' game (ff13)

Kinect! who needs video games!

Your thread is pointless too since most people haven't had the chance to play FFXIII because its not out for most people yet.

Its like comparing the latest Forza game with GT5. Its a one sided discussion.

how is this fair? Most people here haven't even received their ff13 copy yet let alone have the time to finish it. Do this again in a couple weeks

numonex said:
BW_JP said:

No those comparison would not be fair and one sided. Mass effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII are two new released RPGs from 2010. So what one is made in the United States and the other is made in Japan. Both games are popular RPGs and it is a fair comparison.
Western RPG = United States

By that definition, Mass Effect isn't a WRPG. :p